• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Gear For The 08/09 Season

WWF-VT

Last weekend bought a Marmot Storm King jacket at 50% off the $350 sticker price and replaced my lost Randonee gloves at 40% discount. Hit the Labor Day sales in the MRV and Stowe to update gear for the family.

xwhaler

Yeah, that was one of the appealing features for me being that we aren't up to our knees in powder all day long here in New England....I figured this ski is really versitale that I wont have to switch mid-day to my cruisers once the powder gets tracked in.

I was considering the Scott P4's or something closer to 100mm in the waist but I think these will be just fine.

Here's a nice write-up on these skis if anyone is interested.
http://www.feedthehabit.com/skiing/2008-scott-mission-alpine-skis-review/

prisnah

should be gettin some echeadwear gloves and a hat in the mail today.

I suspect TD is gonna have me pulling out the card quite a few times over the next few weeks too.

prisnah

bought some scott alibi partridge goggles and a bern helmet last night. both off tramdock.......

figures...... now they got G3 skins for $72

this is gonna be a pricey season. DAMN YOU tramdock!

prisnah

Got all my tramdock stuff the other day.....now I just want some dukes, a new pack, and instead of the Bro's I'm leaning towards 4FRNT VCT's in a 182 to put the dukes on.

Plan on getting fitted for new boots sometime this week or next also.

I forgot how expensive this time of year is ;-)

gorgonzola

nuttin for us', kids got all new equipment last year and we got them new jackets/pants at end of season clearance for xmas this year. i'm set for the season - just over 2 seasons on the am cruisin head ixrc's and 1 on the the fischer riu twins will hold me until next season. right now the 2 ski quiver covers most of my needs...its tempting to pick up a set of powder boards on tramdock but totaly unneccessary, or a gs race ski - but i don't think equipment is my main issue on the nastar track. besides we're on somewhat of a spending freeze - it cost alota squila to insure a 16 yo driver and the uncertain economy's got me a little nervous/conservative at best.....

and i'm gonna keep that spyder/coudeveil outlet a little secret from mrs snowbunski...

Geoff

I bought all my stuff 50% off or better last spring and summer.

Salomon X-Wing Fury from eBay
Arc'Teryx Gore Tex bib shell pants
Marmot spring soft shell
5 pairs of Smartwool ski ultra light socks
Scott gloves, scott mittens, 2 pairs of Gore Stopper fleece gloves

I'm on an austerity budget for the winter. I have no plans to buy anything unless I can find AT bindings at a good price.

Swamp Dog

so far:

Dakine base layers, top & bottom
NF pants
Elan Wave Magic skis
Gloves, 2 pair
Giro helmet
EMS soft shell
Camelbak Muse

ok, I didn't realize I had bought so much new stuff this summer! Guess I needed it ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Goddam Tramdock and the like have really hurt my wallet this year. Let's see if I can remember everything (all pretty much in the last month):
  • new softshell
  • new hardshell
  • new windblocker fleece
  • new gloves
  • new helmet
  • new googles
  • new base layer top (I think, haven't gotten one, but I think I ordered it)
All that stuff, except the softshell was bought on tramdock or SAC. And I still need to figure out what I'm doing for boots this year... :eek:

2knees

And I still need to figure out what I'm doing for boots this year... :eek:

Alpine Haus in wethersfield is running a pretty big sale right now. If you're in the area in the next few days you may want to check them out.

Glenn

Picked up a set of twins and bindings last month...$249 delivered..brand new too.
Got some Burton mitts over the summer (In Chicago of all places)
A whole bunch of hats
Impact 8 boots
Spring skiing gloves
Poles

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
I got Some Lange Freeride 130 boots earlier this summer for $300 shipped.

I'm going to buy a fat alpine ski (either the Volkl Mantra or Volkl Bridge in a 176/177)

And if there's any money left over I'm going to get new Tele skis (maybe the BD Verdict if I can find a rep).

Also Goggles . . .

And Gloves.

madskier6

Alpine Haus in wethersfield is running a pretty big sale right now. If you're in the area in the next few days you may want to check them out.

Dude, did you make a recent purchase of some boots at that sale? Just wondering.

2knees

Dude, did you make a recent purchase of some boots at that sale? Just wondering.

bought before the sale. Diabello Protons. I didnt know about the sale until late last week.

how you been, havent seen you in here in a while.

madskier6

bought before the sale. Diabello Protons. I didnt know about the sale until late last week.

how you been, havent seen you in here in a while.

Sounds good. Were you happy with the service/fitting?

I'm good. Just been busy at work this summer and all the kids' activities this fall. My daughter does crew in Hartford (Riverfront Recapture) & my 3 boys all play football in town. I'm the taxi driver to practices/games/regattas.

I'm busy right now looking for a new job. How you doing?

2knees

Sounds good. Were you happy with the service/fitting?

I'm good. Just been busy at work this summer and all the kids' activities this fall. My daughter does crew in Hartford (Riverfront Recapture) & my 3 boys all play football in town. I'm the taxi driver to practices/games/regattas.

I'm busy right now looking for a new job. How you doing?

totally happy with the service. I didnt get "fitted" per se, the guy wasnt there, but the kid that did help me was cool and the boots just felt right. again, thanks for your info.

good luck on the hunt. just find something that lets you out on some midweek powder days. Hell, get it written into your contract. call it the Magic Clause. 1 foot or more at magic on a weekday supercedes any business needs for that day!