• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Gear For The 08/09 Season

Greg

Staff member
Not too much new gear for me this season. Got a TNF windblocker fleece which I plan to wear as much as possible - on all but wet, snowy or really cold days - and new K2 V8 poles:

http://www.evogear.com/outlet/ski-poles/k2-v8-2008.aspx

Come on. Those green grips and old school graphics are RAD! :lol: 46" - I'm going to ski with them for a bit before I decide to cut them shorter or not.

Glenn

I bought my twins and bindings from evogear.com. You can't beat the prices they have on new stuff that's a season or two old. :grin:

Greg

Staff member
I bought my twins and bindings from evogear.com. You can't beat the prices they have on new stuff that's a season or two old. :grin:

Kind of a store that flew under the radar until recently. Their Web page is touting "Free shipping on everything":

http://www.evogear.com/

That's pretty crazy.

Glenn

I got free shipping on my stuff as well. They shipped a pair of skis and bindings for nothing. The deal was too good to pass up. I had been looking into getting a used pair of twins. I found a few pairs in VT during the big tent sales labor day weekend....$199 with demo bindings was the going rate. I ended up spending an extra $50-$60 and got brand new skis and brand new bindings...delivered.

Mildcat

I ordered some Nordica Enforcer ski boots from Tramdock. They'll be here Monday. I figure if I don't like the fit I can return them. I bought a CW-X insulator pro zip-t from SAC and liked it so much I bought 2 more the next time I saw them on there. Today I just bought a pair of Patagonia ski pants. I hope I'm done buying but I doubt it. :snow:

Moe Ghoul

Steezy..those are almost as fat as my Nordica Supercharger Blowers..$449 is the best price I've seen on Coomba's

I ended up getting the 174's, the 181's were sold out. Now I gotta find a deal on the bindings. Buckman's is doing their tent sales this coming week, so I'll see what they have first. I like the Marker Dukes, but they're pricey.

I ended up getting the 174's, the 181's were sold out. Now I gotta find a deal on the bindings. Buckman's is doing their tent sales this coming week, so I'll see what they have first. I like the Marker Dukes, but they're pricey.

That seems really short but 7cms is only 3 inches..Aren't Marker Dukes Alpine touring bindings??

Moe Ghoul

That seems really short but 7cms is only 3 inches..Aren't Marker Dukes Alpine touring bindings??

Marker released a new AT binding for the 07/08 season-- the Duke, designed for the modern freerider. Marker essentially took a 'freeride' binding and added a touring feature, and weighing in at 5.9lbs, it caters to those that are really hiking to get to the 'sickest' terrain. For 08/09, Marker has added the Baron, a lighter weight version of the popular Duke.

Marker released a new AT binding for the 07/08 season-- the Duke, designed for the modern freerider. Marker essentially took a 'freeride' binding and added a touring feature, and weighing in at 5.9lbs, it caters to those that are really hiking to get to the 'sickest' terrain. For 08/09, Marker has added the Baron, a lighter weight version of the popular Duke.

Wow and I thought the Neox bindings on my Atomic LT11s are heavy..I have the Tyrolia Mojo 15s on my Rossi Scratches and have had no issues with them..they were $200 In the ski shop and included mounting

Phillycore

Moe going freeheel ??

I picked up a pair of the griffon's for this season mounted on my 9th ward firstblood 180's

Moe Ghoul

Moe going freeheel ??

I picked up a pair of the griffon's for this season mounted on my 9th ward firstblood 180's

It's got a locking mechanism. I figure if I ever decide to try to skin or BC, I'll have that option. Still not sure what I'm gonna get yet. I'm checking out Buckman's tent sales this week, and see what they have first.

Mildcat

Well Mr.UPS Man brought me my Nordica Supercharger Enforcers today. :daffy: I lucked out. Tried them on and they fit awesome. My plan was to return them if I didn't like the fit but I'm definitely keeping these. The fit feels great, I love the booster strap and the flex feels just right. Now I just need some snow to try them out. :snow:

Greg

Staff member
new K2 V8 poles:

http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?....evogear.com/outlet/ski-poles/k2-v8-2008.aspx

Come on. Those green grips and old school graphics are RAD! :lol: 46" - I'm going to ski with them for a bit before I decide to cut them shorter or not.

Got some new boots that just happen to match the grips on the poles:

20326.Color.Hardgoods_LimeGreenBlack_Image.jpg

Rad.

Greg

Staff member
Did you have them custom molded at the shop? I got the same pair myself, but haven't gotten around to that yet.

I did. Gold ID fit liner for my stupidly low volume foot. I've never had a ski boot with this snug of a fit, but it's still very comfortable. Running with the anti-shock footboards, soft tongues and the added forward lean insert. We'll see how all that works out. Reusing my old foot beds.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I did. Gold ID fit liner for my stupidly low volume foot. I've never had a ski boot with this snug of a fit, but it's still very comfortable. Running with the anti-shock footboards and soft tongues. Reusing my old foot beds.

I got mine online, so not sure which is which in terms of the foot boards and tongues. Supposed to hook up at some point with eastcoastpowhound to have him help me customize and heat mold the liners. They do feel damn snug on me as well.

Greg

Staff member
I got mine online, so not sure which is which in terms of the foot boards and tongues. Supposed to hook up at some point with eastcoastpowhound to have him help me customize and heat mold the liners. They do feel damn snug on me as well.

The foot boards are easy to distinguish. The firm ones are hard plastic. The anti-shocks are almost rubber-like. The tongues are pretty easy to tell apart by bending them side-by-side. There's also a marking on them with an A, B, C, D in a circle with an arrow pointing to one of the letters. I think the stiffs are B and the mediums are C. The liner feels pretty generic and almost stiff until it's heated. Once it molds to your foot, all is right with the world. Be sure to cap your toes to give some wiggle room there as you're molding them. My shop used a little rubber cup and a thin almost nylong stocking to hold it on. I've heard of people cutting the end off some old thick socks and doing it that way.