• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Gear For The 08/09 Season

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com
Wow, getting all eastern on me. Well, if Sun Tzu wrote the Art of Skiing he might say "he who demos before buying has a better chance of being happy with his purchase than he who does not"

Either that or he would have said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred ski purchases . . .

bvibert

Staff member
Goddam Tramdock and the like have really hurt my wallet this year. Let's see if I can remember everything (all pretty much in the last month):
  • new softshell
  • new hardshell
  • new windblocker fleece
  • new gloves
  • new helmet
  • new googles
  • new base layer top (I think, haven't gotten one, but I think I ordered it)
All that stuff, except the softshell was bought on tramdock or SAC. And I still need to figure out what I'm doing for boots this year... :eek:

Boots are acquired now as well... Krypton Cross

Also some impulse new/used fatish twintip line skis

wa-loaf

Just added an Icebreaker sweater and ultra light socks.
And a new K2 Crossfire helmet.

Philpug

extra weight...they're still lighter than most high din bindings. the only time to complain about the weight on them is when you're in touring mode...and the trade off there is higher weight in exchange for a higer din...I'd rather drag some extra grams into the sidecountry in exchange for a clamp that'll hold me in on impact.

Do not disagree, but heavier than a Grif-ster.

Trekchick

Here are my new purchases for this season. I'm done. Yup, no more new stuff for me. ............unless.......Hmmmmm.

n830505017_4583138_850.jpg

Marmot Jacket and pants
SOS Down jacket
Hart F17
Blizzard Magnum 8.1's and 8.7's
Krypton Kryzma, and Storm

mondeo

Not much, really, for me:

Couple pairs of goggles off Tramdock (almost as cheap as getting a different lens, plus less hassle.)
Ski bag
Iron, wax, files, file holder, vises, stones, brushes, and scrapers for tuning

And that's it.

gorgonzola

yo gss - i thiought i remember you looking fo a new set of ice coast carvers - tramdock has some k2 apache crossfire 180's on now - they look like they'd fit the bill pretty well

go vote :flag:

o3jeff

Ordered a Transpack XT1 boot bag to replace my old backpack boot bag. Wanted to stick with a backpack to leave my hands for my skis and poles.

Anyone using a Transpack? Are they any good?

gmcunni

Ordered a Transpack XT1 boot bag to replace my old backpack boot bag. Wanted to stick with a backpack to leave my hands for my skis and poles.

i have a low end transpack boot backpack. love it, great to have your hands free. only issue with mine is the handle on the top started to rip at the seam where it connects to the bag. no big deal, i just carry it by one of the straps now instead.

o3jeff

i have a low end transpack boot backpack. love it, great to have your hands free. only issue with mine is the handle on the top started to rip at the seam where it connects to the bag. no big deal, i just carry it by one of the straps now instead.

I think I read somewhere they have a lifetime warranty, give them a call and see what they say.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com

I have a zebra XTW that I used when I went to A-basin earlier this year. Nice to have a place to organize all my stuff, great for travel (I was able to use it as carry-on and it's not small). The only warning I have is that mine is such a big bag that it's easy to overpack and end up carrying a heavy load. But otherwise, most of my ski stuff lives in the bag so it's easy to just grab it and go. Wish I had gotten it sooner!
transpack_xtw_print_color_zebra_black_p1_.jpg

Moe Ghoul

If you have a cobbler or leather repair shop in the area, they'll sew and reinforce that strap for a few bucks.

bigbog

Sewed a little velcro slings on the back(corner) of my little LA Snow Attack pack to carry poles...:lol: :cool: Also have sewn on 4 small, but sturdy buckles/straps for the Trekkers if the pack's full.
*Tuning and prepping both rock-carvers;-) and pow boards tonight. Could've gone paddling today not far from Katahdin...:angry: (*I'm Not going to say Anything to anger Ullr...this year)

$.01

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member

I have the TRV. A billion+ times better than the standard boot bag with a shoulder strap. You will love it!

gmcunni

I think I read somewhere they have a lifetime warranty, give them a call and see what they say.

If you have a cobbler or leather repair shop in the area, they'll sew and reinforce that strap for a few bucks.

thanks, will investigate both options. i have the Edge.http://www.transpack.net/Ski/EDGE.htm

it was perfect for my needs but at the end of last year i finally picked up a helmet for skiing. the Edge is the smallest of the bags and the helmet doesn't fit inside. There is an external loop i can hook up to but i might opt for a larger pack soon.

o3jeff

I have the TRV. A billion+ times better than the standard boot bag with a shoulder strap. You will love it!

Is there a lot of room in the middle compartment? I debated on the bigger one, but the price jump was considerable between the XT1 and the TRV. I am looking to fit my helmet, ski pants, gloves and helmet. Hopefully the XT1 will have enough space.