• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Gear For The 08/09 Season

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I think the XTW is a little bit smaller than the XT1 and I have plenty of room for my helmet (in which I put my goggles and gloves), plus extra layers. I could probably throw my ski pants in there, too, though mine are non-insulated. It holds more than I thought it would.

Greg

Staff member
Is there a lot of room in the middle compartment? I debated on the bigger one, but the price jump was considerable between the XT1 and the TRV. I am looking to fit my helmet, ski pants, gloves and helmet. Hopefully the XT1 will have enough space.

The TRV has plenty of room for all that. I got the bigger one so I could schlep gear for my daughter in too.

gmcunni

I am looking to fit my helmet, ski pants, gloves and helmet. Hopefully the XT1 will have enough space.

Let me know how this all fits. My son wants a back pack boot bag for Christmas. If the XT1 fits the helmet i'll get him that model.

2knees

I'll say definitively that the protons from diabello are fantastic.

Glenn

Ordered a Transpack XT1 boot bag to replace my old backpack boot bag. Wanted to stick with a backpack to leave my hands for my skis and poles.

Anyone using a Transpack? Are they any good?

We love em'. I used to use a standard over the should bag....it's a night and day difference. Granted, it doesn't have all the space a regular bag has, but it takes a major load off. I've just learned to pack stuff more efficiently. Having both hands free is a major plus. As is spreading the weight of your gear over both of your shoulders. The lined boot compartments with drains is a very nice touch.

hammer

Let me know how this all fits. My son wants a back pack boot bag for Christmas. If the XT1 fits the helmet i'll get him that model.
The XT1 has plenty of room for all of my stuff, including my XL helmet. I can even squeeze my son's ski pants in there if I need to.

The TRV definitely would have been nicer but the XT1 fits my needs and was a lot less expensive.

Highly recommend getting one.

gmcunni

I think I read somewhere they have a lifetime warranty, give them a call and see what they say.

they said:
Our warranty covers defective product not wear and tear. If you think it’s a defective issue, please send the bag to our office so that we may review the bag.

Please make sure to include your address, phone number, this email and he receipt or any proof of purchase.

tcharron

Well, this one sounds funny, but my CURRENT new gear for this year is a pair of Elan Magfire 78's

magfire78redfusion-0%20(copy).jpeg

However, they are soon to be brought back and traded up to a pair of Magfire 78ti Fusions.

magfire78tilimefusion-0%20(copy).jpeg

I got lucky for once and won a pair of the 78's, and Zimmerman's offered to let me take them back and pay the difference in price to upgrade. *score!*

hammer

Well, this one sounds funny, but my CURRENT new gear for this year is a pair of Elan Magfire 78's

magfire78redfusion-0%20(copy).jpeg

However, they are soon to be brought back and traded up to a pair of Magfire 78ti Fusions.

magfire78tilimefusion-0%20(copy).jpeg

I got lucky for once and won a pair of the 78's, and Zimmerman's offered to let me take them back and pay the difference in price to upgrade. *score!*
OK...how did you win a pair of skis?

Hope they work out well for you...I think the Magfire 78s are an upgrade from the 2008 Magfire 10s, which I bought at the end of last season.

tcharron

OK...how did you win a pair of skis?

Hope they work out well for you...I think the Magfire 78s are an upgrade from the 2008 Magfire 10s, which I bought at the end of last season.

Raffle at the TGR show in Nashua. Suddenly, Steph became the best woman in the world for *cough* 'getting me my Christmas present' with the tickets *I* bought. LOL

How'd you like them? My only concern is the weight.