• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

North Beach, Hampton, NH 7-13-2008 Surfs Up

BeanoNYC

My ride:

1stdirect_2007_7988178

It was real rough the other day. I ended up breaking my foot strap. Gotta get it fixed as we have some storms heading up the coast.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
with views like this

hampton_views.jpg

hardly ;)

Just as a point of order, this very well could be DHS's POV, if he's got his head in between what are in all probability a set of very nice boobies. Sneaky camera moves DHS, and props.

Pic's w/o her bathing suit on would've count for more points though. You can go ahead and PM me those for approval.

bvibert

Staff member
Just as a point of order, this very well could be DHS's POV, if he's got his head in between what are in all probability a set of very nice boobies. Sneaky camera moves DHS, and props.

I considered that as well, but I don't think a migrant Dead Head is that crafty... ;)

As my request for a surf forum and accompanying TR's fell on deaf ears, I figured I'd post my first body boarding TR here :razz:

It's been a tremendously hectic start to my summer this year. Between buying a condo, moving, getting engaged, numerous over night trips for work, renovating a bathroom etc, etc, etc, I hadn't been in the water at all until yesterday.

I had every intention yesterday of painting some trim in the condo UNTIL I read the surf report. 5.6 average wave height, 11 second dominant wave period.....sick. "By honey' I was out the door and in the car in five minutes and was in the water 20 minutes after that.

Well....what I found was the equivalent of a forecaster predicting 2 feet of Pow and you only end up with 6-8 inches of heavy wet snow. Waves were decent, but disorganized and either breaking too quickly or breaking too far out to be all that great for body boarding. Some of the 'real' surfers were doing okay with them, but nothing great. Not unusual , but the water was COLD, COLD, COLD....like suprisingly cold considering the hot weather we've had. I spent about forty minutes in the water and managed to get 2 really great waves, 4 good ones and 4 kind meh ones.

I would call it a good day, which in New England is about the best you can hope for. It's interesting how the surfing conditions in the east compared to the west kind of mirror the ski conditions. Yes we can get some epic days, but most boarder on average in terms of conditions. From my understanding west coast surfers look down on east coast surfers much the way west coast skiers look down on the east. effin' snobs :lol:

All and all, happy to be out on my board instead of behind the computer reading about you bikers :razz: Hopefully start getting out more regularly for the rest of summer.

Congrats on your engagement I must have missed the thread...

bvibert

Staff member
thank you

...didn't make a thread; typically don't try and draw too much attention to those sorta things

I noticed that you snuck that in there too, but got too carried away busting your stones to throw you a congrats!

So...

Congrats on the engagement! :beer: