• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Woo? A package for Marc? Well this looks quite nice...

Greg

Staff member
No video of said taco? You guys are lame.

MR. evil

What did you get for a new front wheel?

If you are thinking of replacing your wheels look into the Easton Havoc's. They are a really light and super strong AM wheelset. Can be found 1/2 price on a few sites right now for about $350. Plus they are hand built!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
What did you get for a new front wheel?

If you are thinking of replacing your wheels look into the Easton Havoc's. They are a really light and super strong AM wheelset. Can be found 1/2 price on a few sites right now for about $350. Plus they are hand built!

It's a pretty nice wheel... it's a bontrager of some sort. I don't really care what it is really, for the price he gave me. I do seem to recall bontrager using chris king bearings in some of their wheels, that'd be sweet if I just scored one of those.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Also, I think almost all wheels are hand built. Hand laced anyway. It would be really hard to design a machine to lace a wheel. I know a lot of wheels are machined trued, but a machine can true a lot faster than a person can.

awf170

On the new bike? Man, that really sucks. Maybe the training wheels came off too soon?

Where did you guys go in Nam? what's better about LW?

I have no idea really, since we were lost 95% of the time. We did do about 15 miles though.

Nam's park is awesome but there is just seems to be a lack of technical riding and steep rollers. IMO, park riding just isn't that much fun. I just love technical riding with small drops and steep rollers a lot more. But yeah this is just all my opinion. I know Eatskisleep actually likes Nam more, but than again he is riding a DH bike.

I dropped off a rock, and hit a big rock... glancing side blow. I stayed upright, because otherwise it wouldn't have been that big a deal. But if one were attempting to purposely taco a rim, there would have been no better angle with which to hit the wheel than how I hit it...

Admit it, you just aren't that incredible rider that I am. ;-) (I went off first and landed it just fine)

Trekchick

A) Where is the picture of the taco? We like carnage!

B) How was the Kmart trip?

popcorn.gif