• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Woo? A package for Marc? Well this looks quite nice...

awf170

Vietnam is pretty sweet... under the powerlines and there's some sick small freeride area.

I hope there will be videos of awf going over the bars - ya taking the full face? better

Yeah, full-face and shin + knee pads. Hopefully it isn't too hot out since the full-face is pretty brutal.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Yeah, full-face and shin + knee pads. Hopefully it isn't too hot out since the full-face is pretty brutal.

Dude, I don't know if I'd ride full face tomorrow. You're going to be hot as shit. Even with the "manly" new hair cut. I don't think I'd wear a full face on anything but lift served, and even then...

awf170

Dude, I don't know if I'd ride full face tomorrow. You're going to be hot as shit. Even with the "manly" new hair cut. I don't think I'd wear a full face on anything but lift served, and even then...

What kind of riding do you plan on doing? I've never been to Vietnam but I think it as more of a freeride type place, not XC. But yeah I'm bringing both helmets anyway.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
What kind of riding do you plan on doing? I've never been to Vietnam but I think it as more of a freeride type place, not XC. But yeah I'm bringing both helmets anyway.

It's both. It's not just freeride, there's a whole lot of XC. Look at the trail maps on Bikerag. It started as XC since it has been around since before FR got big.

cbcbd

There's plenty of XC trails... and plenty of things to hurt yourself in between :D
The rocks along the powerlines are pretty cool... some drops, some big rollers, spine lines... good park

awf170

There's plenty of XC trails... and plenty of things to hurt yourself in between :D
The rocks along the powerlines are pretty cool... some drops, some big rollers, spine lines... good park

I see... but yeah it is way too hot for a full face today. I'll keep the shin pads on though.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I actually meant to ask my dentist about that but forgot. I would like to have a mouth guard. Can you still be the really big, uncomfortable generic ones or the self fit ones anywhere?

awf170

Take a Photo journalist so we can see it in action!
In other words........
worthless.gif

No pics. Marc tacoed his wheel about a half of a mile into the ride.

And yeah, Lynn Woods > Vietnam. It's not even close, IMO.

Trekchick

This is NOT the TR I was hoping for. Taco(even if it was your wheel) and vomit, are two words that should never ever be used in the same thread.

How bad is the bike?

cbcbd

No pics. Marc tacoed his wheel about a half of a mile into the ride.

And yeah, Lynn Woods > Vietnam. It's not even close, IMO.
On the new bike? Man, that really sucks. Maybe the training wheels came off too soon?

Where did you guys go in Nam? what's better about LW?

Yeah it was cool. Apparently something I ate sure didn't agree with me.
Dirt doesn't take well with my system either.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Dude, that sucks! What happened?

I dropped off a rock, and hit a big rock... glancing side blow. I stayed upright, because otherwise it wouldn't have been that big a deal. But if one were attempting to purposely taco a rim, there would have been no better angle with which to hit the wheel than how I hit it...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
This is NOT the TR I was hoping for. Taco(even if it was your wheel) and vomit, are two words that should never ever be used in the same thread.

How bad is the bike?

It was just the front wheel.

It really wasn't a big deal, everything stayed upright, bike, me included.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have been dropping anything yesterday, given how shitty I felt.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Also, big shout out to Barney's in Worcester for hooking me up with a brand new disc wheel at a killer price. I was in a pinch since our Killington trip is this weekend.

If anyone in the central Mass area needs a good bike shop, go to Barney's on Chandler Street and not that other place in Worcester (ok, I'll name it, it's Bicycle Alley).

cbcbd

The only good tacos have cheese in them. Haven't tacoed yet... but have definitively broken spokes and got them loose and had to put them back on mid ride.