Woo? A package for Marc? Well this looks quite nice... - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 131
  1. #41
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
    Is it possible to get on with the project?
    Marc, we wanna see progress!!!
    Nah, it's much more fun to just talk about it.
    Brian

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
    Is it possible to get on with the project?
    Marc, we wanna see progress!!!
    I'll be too busy until maybe next week to put it together. Providing the headset cups don't give me trouble, I should be able to get it together in a few hours...

    Plus I'm still trying to get my fork delivered from Fedex. That's been a weeklong saga.

    Never request a signature if you're shipping to someone's house, and they work during the day. So annoying.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

  3. #43
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I'll be too busy until maybe next week to put it together. Providing the headset cups don't give me trouble, I should be able to get it together in a few hours...

    Plus I'm still trying to get my fork delivered from Fedex. That's been a weeklong saga.

    Never request a signature if you're shipping to someone's house, and they work during the day. So annoying.
    What kind of trouble do you envision the headset cups giving you? Not going in straight, being slightly off in size, or??

    How close are you to the Fedex depot for your area? I always end up going to ours and picking up packages that require signature. Of course it's easy for me since I work 2 minutes from both the Fedex and UPS depots...
    Brian

  4. #44
    I'm trying not to envision any trouble from the headset, but... I'll find a way to have a problem.

    My local Fedex depot is about 20 minutes away. It's just the slightly annoying fact that corporate apparently is continually confused as to when the depot is actually open. So far they've been wrong twice.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

  5. #45
    Trekchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reno - North Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    3,131
    Okay okay, I get it!
    I am told I'm a tease, yet I produce a SS project and follow through, while you produce this project then say............."just wait"
    When it comes to bike projects, foreplay is overrated
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

  6. #46
    bigbog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bangor and the state's woodlands
    Posts
    4,867

    ....

    That's a nice mess of parts...!

  7. #47
    Trekchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reno - North Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    3,131
    The gauntlet has been thrown, Marc, can you meet the challenge?
    Tick Tick Tick...........time's a wastin!
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
    The gauntlet has been thrown, Marc, can you meet the challenge?
    Tick Tick Tick...........time's a wastin!
    Haha, the gauntlet has been cast deep, I'm leaving tonight for a wedding in Charlotte, coming back Sunday night. I'll get it done though, don't you worry.

    Like I said, the most time consuming part will be the headset. But fortunately, I'm pretty sure I can make a press, probably with stuff I already have around the house. I know I have a ton of threaded rod, and I think the bench grinder belt will hold on enough to get a few more minutes of use out of it.....

    My grand dad had like 6 tubing cutters so cutting the fork should actually be clean this time, unlike the last time (which was with a hack saw).

    And the fork already has the star nut installed, so that pita part is done.

    Actually, the old vice in the shop might open wide enough to get the headset cups in just using that... I'll have to see.

    But the handlebar and stem will be a direct transfer. Recabling will be the second most time consuming thing, but even that's pretty easy...
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

  9. #49
    Trekchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Reno - North Lake Tahoe
    Posts
    3,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Haha, the gauntlet has been cast deep, I'm leaving tonight for a wedding in Charlotte, coming back Sunday night. I'll get it done though, don't you worry.

    Like I said, the most time consuming part will be the headset. But fortunately, I'm pretty sure I can make a press, probably with stuff I already have around the house. I know I have a ton of threaded rod, and I think the bench grinder belt will hold on enough to get a few more minutes of use out of it.....

    My grand dad had like 6 tubing cutters so cutting the fork should actually be clean this time, unlike the last time (which was with a hack saw).

    And the fork already has the star nut installed, so that pita part is done.

    Actually, the old vice in the shop might open wide enough to get the headset cups in just using that... I'll have to see.

    But the handlebar and stem will be a direct transfer. Recabling will be the second most time consuming thing, but even that's pretty easy...
    You'd have it half done if you'd do less of this > and more of this >

    Ooof, that's right, you're an engineer! Nuff said!
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
    You'd have it half done if you'd do less of this > and more of this >

    Ooof, that's right, you're an engineer! Nuff said!
    No, no... if I was acting like a typical engineer, I would have drawn out the assembly process in Pro-E to explain where I expect the difficulties to be....

    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.