• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan RAW, Burlington, CT - 7/22/08

Greg

Staff member
One of these next times I ride Nass with you guys we need to head back to the B Street area (where Red and I Crashed ) so I can ride the rest of the trail. That last mile or so we hike out looked really fun.

Technically, the "B Street" section was just a short stretch a bit up from where we crossed E. Chippens Road (where Chris and I met you, Red and Brian with the car) to around where you OTB'd. The rest of that area is cumulatively known as Session Woods. I would be up for a repeat of that entire 10 miler that Brian and I finished that day. That was an awesome route. The stretch you guys rode is the figure 8 in the southern part of that map. Part of why I love Nass so much do is how well-documented it is on Crankfire. Great job, Nate!

MR. evil

Technically, the "B Street" section was just a short stretch a bit up from where we crossed E. Chippens Road (where Chris and I met you, Red and Brian with the car) to around where you OTB'd. The rest of that area is cumulatively known as Session Woods. I would be up for a repeat of that entire 10 miler that Brian and I finished that day. That was an awesome route. The stretch you guys rode is the figure 8 in the southern part of that map. Part of why I love Nass so much do is how well-documented it is on Crankfire. Great job, Nate!

I am down for that ride some weekend.

awf170

Anything called Devils Kitchen has to be fun:-D When ever this happens count me in. I just hope my new DHX 5 coil shock is in by then.:-D It should be in sometime next week.

Next To Batchlor Street up here in MA, Nass is quickly becoming my 2nd favorite ride (and its a very close 2nd). I still need to get you guys up here to ride Batchlor street sometime. Though that may have to wait a while until Red is all healed up. He knows that place like the back of his hand, where as I get lost.

I'm in for a ride at Batchlor Street if it isn't wicked far out in Western MA. What city is it in?

MR. evil

I'm in for a ride at Batchlor Street if it isn't wicked far out in Western MA. What city is it in?

Batchlor street is in Hadley & Granby MA (near Northampton). Greg and Brian (maybe Jeff) want to come up and do a ride at Batchlor street some time. This is going to be put on hold for a while as my friend that really knows those trails was hurt pretty bad last weekend.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/31906-nassahegan-burlington-ct-7-20-08-a.html

He should be healed up in a little over a month and we will do a group ride then. I am still not very familiar with the trail system. Everytime I ride there I am doing my best just to keep up and don't have time to really pay attention