• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf Reggae Fest April 7 - 10 2005

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
You think I should take the private House?
I don't know what the cost difference is or what the house offers. Based solely on terrain, my opinion is Sugarloaf blows Killington away, especially this time of year. Throw in the Reggae Fest atmosphere and you have the makings for one killer weekend. Depending on how much space there is in the house, maybe some other AZers will share the cost with you...?

There is just something about the Loaf. The place is magic. Even my best days at Killington don't compare to the time I had last year (crappy conditions and all). Sugarloaf all the way! :beer:

Vortex

I would choose SugarLoaf this weekend over anywhere Skiing at the Loaf is just part of it. but being further north the snow should hold up fairly well. I can't explain how much fun I had last year.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
The price difference is twice the amount..Just don't want to pay that much and by the time I can get other people to join in the place will be rented. :(
With how good you make out that mountain I may have to go to the Bush instead of K so I will feel better. :wink:

Why don't we try to get a AZ weekend at the loaf for next Feb or someting? We could try to make it a big trip and start on it in the Fall. Thoughts?

Vortex

This trip is a 3 day event for me. In Feb I would prefer to drive a shorter distance. (spoiled yes)
I say meet a Bullwinkles(spelling) at 1 on Friday. We can put together a bad plan from there and follow it. :beer:

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
I say meet a Bullwinkles(spelling) at 1 on Friday. We can put together a bad plan from there and follow it. :beer:
Bullwinkles is a great spot to meet up. I don't know that Charlie and the gang can get there for 1 PM on Friday though. Maybe Saturday afternoon? Or maybe meet at the Superquad Sunday AM?

Vortex

I did not want to spend the whole afternoon there on Friday.. maybe Sat. Sunday I will be skiing in the Am. I figured 1Pm was a good time before the place gets really going. Just an idea. Tell me when and I'll get there.

Greg

Staff member
Like last year, the trip (for me) is more about the skiing than the reggae. By hook or by crook, Joe and I are aiming to get to the mountain on Friday at 9 AM. We'll ski the morning and meet up with Charlie and gang to ski the PM, upon their arrival. Knowing Charlie, that likely means until last chair... ;)

Saturday = ski all day.
Sunday = ski until we decide to stop, probably early PM.

I'm up for meeting up with any AZers at any point. My vote is for a Saturday PM or Sunday AM meet-up to make some turns.

Vortex

Greg, what ever works. Alot depends on the temps and how the snow stays. Friday I will ski more than any other day. Sat I keep the boards on, but bounce down to hear the bands and go up to grab runs. Sunday I will make it most of the day. I like all aspects of the weekend. Sat afternoon would probably the least favorite time to ski and favorite time to hang out.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I am back in the game!!!!!!I was calling the res desk about three times a day for the last few days and it paid off today. I got the res at the Inn for Fri and Sat night on Mountain. :D My friend Terry and I will be up before 12pm on Fri. :beer:

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
I am back in the game!!!!!!I was calling the res desk about three times a day for the last few days and it paid off today. I got the res at the Inn for Fri and Sat night on Mountain. :D My friend Terry and I will be up before 12pm on Fri. :beer:
Congrats! I was hoping perseverance would pay off. You won't regret it!

BTW, the Loaf picked up 4-7" before the changeover to rain yesterday. They are still at close to 100%, including all but one snowfield! Woohoo! Let's hope the weekend rain forecast is wrong...

:beer:

ALLSKIING

Staff member
How is the cell service at the mountain?We should exchange Numbers..Wait I think I still have yours. We will be skiing Fri Pm all day Sat and Sun AM. Its just about a NINE hour trip from my house. :eek:

Vortex

All skiing, thats great news. Good work. :D I don't remember how cells work up there. I don't think i turned mine on last time. I would like to hook up. I will be up with a few non A-Z folks. I sent my cell via pm. this sound like a good group.
Greg, Charlie, Bob R, Allskiing, Terry and Mrs, seems like there were others.

Terry

cell service at the loaf is good. Name the time and place and the wife and I will be there. We are planning on coming up thursday night, and staying till sunday afternoon.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Charlie Schuessler said:
Catching up at the outdoor concert in the village on Saturday afternoon should be easy...see ya all there...
Not sure how much of the concert I will be seeing. I love music but I will be skiing every chance I get. :D

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
How is the cell service at the mountain?We should exchange Numbers..Wait I think I still have yours. We will be skiing Fri Pm all day Sat and Sun AM. Its just about a NINE hour trip from my house. :eek:
Cell coverage is quite good IIRC.