• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR- Shearer Road, Michigan

Trekchick

Back before I broke my wrist, Volklgirl and I had planned on going to Shearer Road, which is a sweet mt bike trail system about 2 hrs drive south of where we live.
Since I'm healing well, I told her, we may as well keep our plans and I'd do. I decided to take the SS out and see what I could do on it.
MANOMAN it was fun!!
I Love the rock gardens!!

Kris' husband went with us, which was fun, because we needed someone to take abuse.
:)
At the entrance to Shearer Road Trail, Mr Volklgirl found a pair of panties on the tree.
n830505017_3683206_9928.jpg

I'll admit, I was tentative, and didn't do some of the amazing obstacles that I really should have done, but I really don't want a set back in healing, and this was my first time on this particular trail.
Kris has some awesome pics, which I'll add later, but here are a few.
n830505017_3683021_1484.jpg

^^^^Dang TC, HEAD UP!!!!
Volklgirl on same rock.
See, she's looking up!
n830505017_3683020_1178.jpg

n830505017_3683023_2080.jpg

Volklgirl on the Rollercoaster Bridge.
n830505017_3683024_2393.jpg

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You girls rock!!!

Good to see you continuing to get out! VG is really helping you get outside your comfort zone and progress, isn't she? ;) That bridge scares me. :eek:

Nice TR!

bvibert

Staff member
Cool pics! I'm glad you're healing well and are able to get out. :D

That bridge thing looks interesting..

Trekchick

She is mosdef getting me out of my comfort zone, but at the same time she is understanding about my tentative nature on some stuff right now.

In the Bridge picture, if you look to the left of the pic(riders right) you'll see an alternate bridge(flat). Almost everything on this trail has a bailout alternative, which is handy for someone like me :)

There were many obstacles that I did with no trouble, and I have some video of VG and Mr VG, but I haven't loaded them on a host yet.

You'd love the teetertotters!!!