• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Interesting Article on Latest Developments in Outdoor Clothing

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
You strut like Carl Lewis and power down like Bode Miller, with the cool and aplomb of Tom Brady.
the latest fashion trends not only look cool, but they make you a world cup skier that has great style on top of great technique.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i only read the first page then stopped. wicking synthetic clothing has been around for a while, nothing new here. but the trendy image of certain clothing is a fairly recent phenomenon. you don't need high tech fabrics for every type of sport or athletic pursuit. when i used to run during fair weather months, i'd wear cotton t's all the time. i sure as heck wasn't paying $25-35 for a specialized "running tshirt" when i have a bunch of white hanes t's in my drawer. don't believe all the hype.

i spare no expense with skiing though. being out in below zero temperatures for eight hours at a time and perspiring is no time for cotton. i have two great synthetic t's that i wear under my ski jacket. only two layers... a t shirt and the jacket and i'm always warm. most people won't go out without at least three layers. hype. wear the combo of clothing that meets your individual needs in addition to your budget and avoid the trends. :)

thetrailboss

Staff member
riverc0il said:
when i used to run during fair weather months, i'd wear cotton t's all the time. i sure as heck wasn't paying $25-35 for a specialized "running tshirt" when i have a bunch of white hanes t's in my drawer. don't believe all the hype.

My thoughts exactly. Another "Boston Globe-like" article... :roll: In the print edition there were some glaring editorial errors.

riverc0il said:
i spare no expense with skiing though. being out in below zero temperatures for eight hours at a time and perspiring is no time for cotton. i have two great synthetic t's that i wear under my ski jacket. only two layers... a t shirt and the jacket and i'm always warm. most people won't go out without at least three layers. hype. wear the combo of clothing that meets your individual needs in addition to your budget and avoid the trends. :)
Bingo! Wear what works. Our Girl Scouts wore whatever they had and had a great time and I told them it was about being warm and having fun not trying to strut in a fashion show. Too many people like to be posers, but riverc0il is the real deal :wink: