Nassahegan, Burlington, CT - 08/09/08 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yes, indeed. Some nice "masonry" covering up the muddiest spots in there now. Nice work whoever that was. I sometimes feel compelled to stop and fix something sometimes, but don't because (a) I don't know what I'm doing (not that it's rocket science) and (b) usually am having too much fun riding. There is one spot on the straight part of B Street that desperately needs a bridge of some sort.
    Randi and I ran across a guy riding with a Shovel on his back at Nass Last Monday. Soon after I saw some of the new rock work and it looked fresh. I think he may have been the one to do the work.

For whatever reason, I can't figure out where these area shot. Nice riding!
    The first one is at the beginning of the section of the twisties south of Scoville, it's in the part that we've been skipping on the way out so that would could hit the stretch with the log crossing that you OTB'd on last time.

The second one is on section right at the beginning of the short way back to the lot from the big intersection just east of East Chippens (near where B-Street starts).
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    The first one is at the beginning of the section of the twisties south of Scoville, it's in the part that we've been skipping on the way out so that would could hit the stretch with the log crossing that you OTB'd on last time.

The second one is on section right at the beginning of the short way back to the lot from the big intersection just east of East Chippens (near where B-Street starts).
    Ah, okay. Got it. I did hit that log on the way out of that area yesterday morning. That little drop is a fun one to practice wheelying off of.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Nice riding!
    I'm getting there. Thanks! Lots more fun than I ever imagined. Up until this year, all I ever experienced was stuff like at White Memorial and wasn't sure why you guys were so hyped up about it. Now I know!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    I'm getting there. Thanks! Lots more fun than I ever imagined. Up until this year, all I ever experienced was stuff like at White Memorial and wasn't sure why you guys were so hyped up about it. Now I know!
    When are you coming out with the rest of us?

When are you coming out with the rest of us?
    When Brian says I'm ready.

...and I can get someone to watch the kids.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Carrie handles the stuff that her and I have been riding just fine, but she's at no where near as fast of a pace as Greg normally sets through there. One of these weekends when we have plenty of time I'm going to take her on the standard loop to see how she does with the hills, both up and down.
    Brian

Horse crap! You're ready now! I'll come along if you don't want to be stuck with just the men. I can see how that could be intimidating...they do have a tendancy to whine hugs guys xD
    If you're a fan of the Manchester United Football Team, sing the Manchester United song-!

Come along this Sunday to West Hartford. Randi will come and seeing how only Brian or I know the place one of us will be leading the ride and setting the pace.

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Carrie handles the stuff that her and I have been riding just fine, but she's at no where near as fast of a pace as Greg normally sets through there. One of these weekends when we have plenty of time I'm going to take her on the standard loop to see how she does with the hills, both up and down.
    Funny how you still think I take some sort of superhuman pace through there. When you lead, it's almost the same pace...

With that said, maybe we should do a newb/slower paced ride at Nass. I could envision Carrie and Marge, as well as maybe gmcunni and perhaps we could talk 2knees or Grassi21 to come along. I have no problem chilling on the pace. Not like I haven't got any riding in or anything. Put me in the back, or if I lead, I'll just ride and stop for a while. Maybe this Sunday? Nass Newb Ride?

Thread Information