• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bad Move With The Censorship

awf170

Pssst GSS, you're making yourself look like a real jackass (even more so than usual), maybe you should just quit posting for a bit before everyone here hates your guts. Really is there something wrong with you? There is no way you should acting this way when you're are 28 years old.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Everything is back to normal. Sorry so many people couldn't find any humor in this. I had to save this for posterity's sake though:

gss_toolbox.png

:lol: Anyway, I thought it was funny.

:lol::lol::lol:

I have no idea what this thread is about but moderation on here has been stellar throughout the years. I am surprised any one would take issue with it as Greg and the mods let most stuff slide and very rarely have to step into the fray to keep things civil (because things usually don't get uncivil).

Greg

Staff member
:lol::lol::lol:

I have no idea what this thread is about but moderation on here has been stellar throughout the years. I am surprised any one would take issue with it as Greg and the mods let most stuff slide and very rarely have to step into the fray to keep things civil (because things usually don't get uncivil).

I'm glad you found the intended humor here. I was simply trying to lighten up a pretty tense situation and by no means was my intent to keep the new titling permanent. I hope we can all go into this week in better spirits.

Thanks for the kind words, Steve. You, perhaps better than anyone else here understand how this forum evolved over the years. AZ gets criticized for some perceived overmoderation. In actuality, this community does a pretty good job of policing itself. If/when we do take action, whether it's editing or deleting a post, locking a thread, or in some cases banning a member, it's done only after the mods have had a chance to discuss it carefully and come to a consensus on how best to proceed.

2knees

Quite the disappointment.

Then just tune into Jerry Springer or Oprah if you feel the need to be involved in someone else's private life and an argument about it.

geezus christ what a lame ass thing to bitch about.

Dr Skimeister

Then just tune into Jerry Springer or Oprah if you feel the need to be involved in someone else's private life and an argument about it.

geezus christ what a lame ass thing to bitch about.

Huh?

I never felt a need to to be involved in anyone's private life nor a need to argue about it. I felt a need to express what I felt about what I perceived to be censorship in the forum.

Nothing more.

2knees

Huh?

I never felt a need to to be involved in anyone's private life nor a need to argue about it. I felt a need to express what I felt about what I perceived to be censorship in the forum.

Nothing more.

it seemed to me this thread was started as a result of the "i love my wife thread" being modified and locked. If I was mistaken in that assumption, i owe you an apology.

Dr Skimeister

it seemed to me this thread was started as a result of the "i love my wife thread" being modified and locked. If I was mistaken in that assumption, i owe you an apology.

The thread was started because, in my opinion, deleting posts from that thread amounted to censorship. It wasn't intended to be judgemental towards any of the content of the thread, not on my behalf. Locking the thread was probably in order. But I felt that deleting posts that, again in my opinion, seemed to comment on previous posts amounted to censorship.

I think we can stop picking at this scab now. It's healed as much as it will heal and scarred as much as it will scar.

The thread was started because, in my opinion, deleting posts from that thread amounted to censorship. It wasn't intended to be judgemental towards any of the content of the thread, not on my behalf. Locking the thread was probably in order. But I felt that deleting posts that, again in my opinion, seemed to comment on previous posts amounted to censorship.

I think we can stop picking at this scab now. It's healed as much as it will heal and scarred as much as it will scar.

I agree although I am still receiving PMs from people wondering what happened and I'm happy to fill people in on last weeks drama..

Grassi21

Everything is back to normal. Sorry so many people couldn't find any humor in this. I had to save this for posterity's sake though:

gss_toolbox.png

:lol: Anyway, I thought it was funny.

Just awesome....