Bad Move With The Censorship - Page 14

AlpineZone

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 131 to 137 of 137
  1. #131
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,105
    Quote Originally Posted by riverc0il View Post


    I have no idea what this thread is about but moderation on here has been stellar throughout the years. I am surprised any one would take issue with it as Greg and the mods let most stuff slide and very rarely have to step into the fray to keep things civil (because things usually don't get uncivil).
    I'm glad you found the intended humor here. I was simply trying to lighten up a pretty tense situation and by no means was my intent to keep the new titling permanent. I hope we can all go into this week in better spirits.

    Thanks for the kind words, Steve. You, perhaps better than anyone else here understand how this forum evolved over the years. AZ gets criticized for some perceived overmoderation. In actuality, this community does a pretty good job of policing itself. If/when we do take action, whether it's editing or deleting a post, locking a thread, or in some cases banning a member, it's done only after the mods have had a chance to discuss it carefully and come to a consensus on how best to proceed.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  2. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Skimeister View Post
    Quite the disappointment.
    Then just tune into Jerry Springer or Oprah if you feel the need to be involved in someone else's private life and an argument about it.


    geezus christ what a lame ass thing to bitch about.

  3. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    Then just tune into Jerry Springer or Oprah if you feel the need to be involved in someone else's private life and an argument about it.


    geezus christ what a lame ass thing to bitch about.
    Huh?

    I never felt a need to to be involved in anyone's private life nor a need to argue about it. I felt a need to express what I felt about what I perceived to be censorship in the forum.

    Nothing more.
    Happy Trails

  4. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Skimeister View Post
    Huh?

    I never felt a need to to be involved in anyone's private life nor a need to argue about it. I felt a need to express what I felt about what I perceived to be censorship in the forum.

    Nothing more.
    it seemed to me this thread was started as a result of the "i love my wife thread" being modified and locked. If I was mistaken in that assumption, i owe you an apology.

  5. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    it seemed to me this thread was started as a result of the "i love my wife thread" being modified and locked. If I was mistaken in that assumption, i owe you an apology.
    The thread was started because, in my opinion, deleting posts from that thread amounted to censorship. It wasn't intended to be judgemental towards any of the content of the thread, not on my behalf. Locking the thread was probably in order. But I felt that deleting posts that, again in my opinion, seemed to comment on previous posts amounted to censorship.

    I think we can stop picking at this scab now. It's healed as much as it will heal and scarred as much as it will scar.
    Happy Trails

  6. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Skimeister View Post
    The thread was started because, in my opinion, deleting posts from that thread amounted to censorship. It wasn't intended to be judgemental towards any of the content of the thread, not on my behalf. Locking the thread was probably in order. But I felt that deleting posts that, again in my opinion, seemed to comment on previous posts amounted to censorship.

    I think we can stop picking at this scab now. It's healed as much as it will heal and scarred as much as it will scar.
    I agree although I am still receiving PMs from people wondering what happened and I'm happy to fill people in on last weeks drama..

  7. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Everything is back to normal. Sorry so many people couldn't find any humor in this. I had to save this for posterity's sake though:





    Anyway, I thought it was funny.
    Just awesome....
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

    Namaste you guys!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 8:10 PM.