• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Should we disable the member post count?

Should we disable the member post count?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

highpeaksdrifter

I can’t believe I’m going to write this, but my sense of fair play is making me. This feels like the anti-GSS rule. It’s fun for him to get his post count up for whatever reason, but it’s fun for me to start threads and see where they go. It seems like a to each his own kind of thing.

GSS, pisses me off a lot. His obsession with bumps and stupid crap that interrupts threads bother me too. However, some people go for that and like he says he has his fans.

I think once we get closer to ski season things will work themselves out on their own.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I can’t believe I’m going to write this, but my sense of fair play is making me. This feels like the anti-GSS rule. It’s fun for him to get his post count up for whatever reason, but it’s fun for me to start threads and see where they go. It seems like a to each his own kind of thing.

GSS, pisses me off a lot. His obsession with bumps and stupid crap that interrupts threads bother me too. However, some people go for that and like he says he has his fans.

I think once we get closer to ski season things will work themselves out on their own.

+1

I'm not sure what Greg's motives are, but it seems to me that this rule is indeed directed at GSS. I could be totally wrong with that statement. And even if it is, Greg's within his rights to do so.

My guess is given steeze's obsession with post counts, he'll probably track them on his own in his signature :lol:

Beetlenut

I voted yes, because I see no usefulness coming from knowing how many posts everyone has. I thought Austin had a good idea where you wouldn't put up the post count by ones name, but someone could look it up in your profile it they wanted to know. Another option is to let the user decide if they want to display their post count in their profile settings, if possible. That way everyone would have the freedom to decide this issue.

my 2 cents...

Wow this thread is a complete waste of bandwidth..

Greg instead of trying to get revenge on me...why don't you lead AZ by example..your recent antics are very childish..

Paul

Its a forum. It takes all kinds. If GSS likes to pad his post count, more power to him. If you don't like what he says, that's what the ignore list is for. Sheesh, get a life people.

BeanoNYC

Its a forum. It takes all kinds. If GSS likes to pad his post count, more power to him. If you don't like what he says, that's what the ignore list is for. Sheesh, get a life people.

That's odd. How did this idea turn into a GSS thing overnight? Seemed like a natural question forums face as they get larger. Out of my three favorite forums, this is the only one that counts posts.

wa-loaf

This is not a Greg VS You thing. Its a community poll and the community decides on what they want to happen.

Seriously, you don't think this would have come up without the recent drama?

I'm with DHS on this one. If some people get a thrill off of the post count who cares. I could go either way, but this does look like its specifically directed at GSS who likes his stats.

Paul

I'm with DHS on this one. If some people get a thrill off of the post count who cares. I could go either way, but this does look like its specifically directed at GSS who likes his stats.

+1

SkiDork

The change I would like to see is more posts per page. I think 10 is just too few, it's a pain having to click next page so often.

ALLSKIING

Staff member

Its not always so black and white. Things happen behind the scences with other members voicing there opinion or leaving that affect how we do things. We decided to let the members decided. Take the poll your voice counts as to what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.