Should we disable the member post count? - Page 3

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Should we disable the member post count?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 50.00%
  • No

22 50.00%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post

That problem with new users using post count to gauge is that a high post count doesn't always indicate that a user knows what the hell they're talking about.
    For example, only 26 of my posts on AZ have ever made any sense.

~Rich~

Personally,

I think it's kind of silly to even be discussing this. Either way, what does it really matter? Does post count positively or negatively affect discussions? I would say the affect is minute if at all. Would taking them away somehow improve discussions on here? Doubtful

Reputation or Karma points? seems like a popularity contest to me.

All I know is the snow can't start flying soon enough. Last year around this time was the snowman bull crap (which I know, I was definitely a big part of), this year it's, well, I won't even mention it because then people will just continue to talk about it.

....looking forward to getting out on snow again for the obvious reason of me loving the sport and the added benefit that the discussions here tend to be far more civil.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

....looking forward to getting out on snow again for the obvious reason of me loving the sport and the added benefit that the discussions here tend to be far more civil.
    Why don't you go play in traffic.
    ~Rich~

Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC View Post
    For example, only 26 of my posts on AZ have ever made any sense.
    Yeah, right, where are the 26?

Keep the peaks, maybe add some Rep system, but screw post count. I guess if you want you can look in the Member List or Profile of some to get there post count, but keep it out of their little side profile next their posts. I would just say get rid of all it together, but I know others will disagree.

Personally,

You do have a point. The site I speak of has over 100,000 members so it's hard to have cliques there.
    ~Rich~

Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter View Post
    I voted get rid of them. I don't like the reputations idea either. I can see that turning into a popularity contest. Some people might post things that they know will make others happy just to get reputations points. The whole thing is childish.

New posters will learn who is who soon enough. Lets give them some credit.
    Well said.

Personally,

I think it's kind of silly to even be discussing this. Either way, what does it really matter? Does post count positively or negatively affect discussions? I would say the affect is minute if at all. Would taking them away somehow improve discussions on here? Doubtful

All I know is the snow can't start flying soon enough. Last year around this time was the snowman bull crap (which I know, I was definitely a big part of), this year it's, well, I won't even mention it because then people will just continue to talk about it.

You're probably right, but nevertheless, I'm willing to go with the majority on this one.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC View Post
    Why don't you go play in traffic.
    When you become karma's bitch next weekend and slice your fingers on lobster shells.....you'll remember this post.

Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Yeah, right, where are the 26?
    Touche`
    ~Rich~

And HPD thinks he can start threads that get a response like this...
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thread Information