Should we disable the member post count? - Page 3

AlpineZone

View Poll Results: Should we disable the member post count?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    22 50.00%
  • No

    22 50.00%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 156
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post



    That problem with new users using post count to gauge is that a high post count doesn't always indicate that a user knows what the hell they're talking about.
    For example, only 26 of my posts on AZ have ever made any sense.

    ~Rich~

  2. #22
    Personally,

    I think it's kind of silly to even be discussing this. Either way, what does it really matter? Does post count positively or negatively affect discussions? I would say the affect is minute if at all. Would taking them away somehow improve discussions on here? Doubtful

    Reputation or Karma points? seems like a popularity contest to me.

    All I know is the snow can't start flying soon enough. Last year around this time was the snowman bull crap (which I know, I was definitely a big part of), this year it's, well, I won't even mention it because then people will just continue to talk about it.

    ....looking forward to getting out on snow again for the obvious reason of me loving the sport and the added benefit that the discussions here tend to be far more civil.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post

    ....looking forward to getting out on snow again for the obvious reason of me loving the sport and the added benefit that the discussions here tend to be far more civil.
    Why don't you go play in traffic.
    ~Rich~

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC View Post
    For example, only 26 of my posts on AZ have ever made any sense.
    Yeah, right, where are the 26?

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,380
    Keep the peaks, maybe add some Rep system, but screw post count. I guess if you want you can look in the Member List or Profile of some to get there post count, but keep it out of their little side profile next their posts. I would just say get rid of all it together, but I know others will disagree.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Personally,



    Reputation or Karma points? seems like a popularity contest to me.
    You do have a point. The site I speak of has over 100,000 members so it's hard to have cliques there.
    ~Rich~

  7. #27
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,091
    Quote Originally Posted by highpeaksdrifter View Post
    I voted get rid of them. I don't like the reputations idea either. I can see that turning into a popularity contest. Some people might post things that they know will make others happy just to get reputations points. The whole thing is childish.

    New posters will learn who is who soon enough. Lets give them some credit.
    Well said.

    Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Personally,

    I think it's kind of silly to even be discussing this. Either way, what does it really matter? Does post count positively or negatively affect discussions? I would say the affect is minute if at all. Would taking them away somehow improve discussions on here? Doubtful

    Reputation or Karma points? seems like a popularity contest to me.

    All I know is the snow can't start flying soon enough. Last year around this time was the snowman bull crap (which I know, I was definitely a big part of), this year it's, well, I won't even mention it because then people will just continue to talk about it.

    ....looking forward to getting out on snow again for the obvious reason of me loving the sport and the added benefit that the discussions here tend to be far more civil.
    You're probably right, but nevertheless, I'm willing to go with the majority on this one.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanoNYC View Post
    Why don't you go play in traffic.
    When you become karma's bitch next weekend and slice your fingers on lobster shells.....you'll remember this post.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by andyzee View Post
    Yeah, right, where are the 26?
    Touche`
    ~Rich~

  10. #30
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,091
    And HPD thinks he can start threads that get a response like this...
    I ski double black diamonds.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:26 AM.