• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Should we disable the member post count?

Should we disable the member post count?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Personally,

I think it's kind of silly to even be discussing this. Either way, what does it really matter? Does post count positively or negatively affect discussions? I would say the affect is minute if at all. Would taking them away somehow improve discussions on here? Doubtful

Reputation or Karma points? seems like a popularity contest to me.

All I know is the snow can't start flying soon enough. Last year around this time was the snowman bull crap (which I know, I was definitely a big part of), this year it's, well, I won't even mention it because then people will just continue to talk about it.

....looking forward to getting out on snow again for the obvious reason of me loving the sport and the added benefit that the discussions here tend to be far more civil.

awf170

Keep the peaks, maybe add some Rep system, but screw post count. I guess if you want you can look in the Member List or Profile of some to get there post count, but keep it out of their little side profile next their posts. I would just say get rid of all it together, but I know others will disagree.

Greg

Staff member
I voted get rid of them. I don't like the reputations idea either. I can see that turning into a popularity contest. Some people might post things that they know will make others happy just to get reputations points. The whole thing is childish.

New posters will learn who is who soon enough. Lets give them some credit.

Well said.

Personally,

I think it's kind of silly to even be discussing this. Either way, what does it really matter? Does post count positively or negatively affect discussions? I would say the affect is minute if at all. Would taking them away somehow improve discussions on here? Doubtful

Reputation or Karma points? seems like a popularity contest to me.

All I know is the snow can't start flying soon enough. Last year around this time was the snowman bull crap (which I know, I was definitely a big part of), this year it's, well, I won't even mention it because then people will just continue to talk about it.

....looking forward to getting out on snow again for the obvious reason of me loving the sport and the added benefit that the discussions here tend to be far more civil.

You're probably right, but nevertheless, I'm willing to go with the majority on this one.

Greg

Staff member
And HPD thinks he can start threads that get a response like this... :lol:

deadheadskier

Staff member
You're probably right, but nevertheless, I'm willing to go with the majority on this one.

In the interest of equity, then you really should have included a poll option

"I don't give a flying fluck"

that would get my vote, but alas I'm left out. I declare your poll BS, kinda like the two party political system in this country. ooops politics :spin: :stirpot:

Greg

Staff member
In the interest of equity, then you really should have included a poll option

"I don't give a flying fluck"

that would get my vote, but alas I'm left out. I declare your poll BS, kinda like the two party political system in this country. ooops politics :spin: :stirpot:

Not voting = flying fluck

Problem solved.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If we had karma points here I'd downvote that comment.

so question concerning the Karma/rep points on other boards. Do certain posters still attempt postwhoredom by seeing how low of a rep they can establish?

Seems to me that it could be a tool for attention grabbing in the same manner as post count

BeanoNYC

kinda

....but you'll never know how many flying fluckers like me are in the crowd. You're gonna have to live with that one dude :lol: you'll never know....:lol:

flying-fuck.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
Come dude you gotta vote, otherwise Greg may not be able to sleep, not knowing :)

I'm going to exert my massive influence in AZ through a small act of civil disobedience and not vote :lol:

I'll let the rest of you sheep get in line :spin:

BAAGHHHH

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.