TR: Michigan VASA trail, ooop Nort! - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Speak for yourself, should of came on the REAL ride Sunday, just look at Steve presentation.
    No kidding! We did climb a mountain!

"Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Speak for yourself, should of came on the REAL ride Sunday, just look at Steve presentation.
    I meant 'we' as in the real riders her in CT, not the ones dicking around spending more time walking up hills and riding roads back in the dark after getting lost than actually riding single track.
    Brian

You did say climbing mountains, not riding them

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I was just busting your chops. We're not exactly climbing mountains here in CT either.

Though are typical ride is pretty techy (if you ask me)
    I saw some of the stuff you're doing in the TR's and I think we're riding quite similar terrain, with the exception that we have a bit more sand and you have more rocks.

And, yea, I get that you were just bustin my chops. I got noooooo problem with that! You'll get yours!

BTW, SAND SUX!
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

Instead of starting a new thread for lil o me, I'll add to this one.

Our usual Wed night ride was just me and Kris again, so I asked if she'd help me with some skilz, like bunny hopping, and get the sand gremlins out of my head.

We spent a bit of time, until I got it!!!
    Then we rode, rode hard, no pics, but tons of sweat!!!!!

Thursday night we drove to Traverse City to do the VASA trail with Tom again. We did the 9 mile loop to beat sunset, and ripped out an average of a little over 9 mph. Well............Kris and Tom did that, while I set a pace of my own at 8.6 ish.
    My wrist was really sore and swollen from the bunny hop lessons but I didn't know it until we started to ride. The first bunny hop I tried to do on the trail nearly put me into orbit. OUCH!
    I think I stretched some connective tissues, errrrr, sumthin.

Only a couple pics, sorry we were rippin so we didn't take much and I didn't fiddle with my camera settings so they're kinda fuzzy

Thanks for readin!

WOW! You guys are FAST! Are you sure this is the first season you've really gotten into MTBing?
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    WOW! You guys are FAST! Are you sure this is the first season you've really gotten into MTBing?
    Oh heck no. I've been riding 5 years. VG for longer than that. This is the first year we've ridden together much. Its also the first year that I've really attempted obstacles.

Well that explains that. I knew VG has been riding for a while, but for some reason I thought you really hadn't much before now. I was starting to think I was hopeless as far as speed goes. Makes a lot more sense now.

Carrie, I wasn't doing the things you're doing, at the stage you're doing them.
    You will be kicking it up a notch in no time at all!!!

Speed will come with confidence and there is no doubt you are progressing

Thread Information