• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

holy crap why did i wait so long

Greg

Staff member
You know the real reason Greg has been pushing you so hard to get on a bike is that he finally wanted to be better than you at something.....there goes that dream :wink:

Not exactly my motive, but you're right. The dude has balls.

BTW, Evil Boy, for a guy with so much MTB experience, I'm not that far behind you..... ;)

Dude, you're nuts. Nice work! Me thinks you're going to destroy your new bike if you keep that up though. :eek:

He needs an FS with like 6" of travel if he wants to keep doing that crap. :-o

We'll have to bring him up to Nepaug, there were quite a few jumps up there for him to show us what hes got.

No doubt. Pat's gonna make johnnypoach look like a big puss. :lol:

Seriously, Pat - with your motocross background you'd be all over free riding or some "cross stuntery". Imagine combining tree skiing with taking MC hits. I told you! I knew you had the right mentality for this. Congrats!!!

2knees

this couldve been labeled stupid pet tricks or something. It was stupid and deadhead nailed it earlier. I'm sure there are many other factors like leg strength, balance, endurance and trail knowledge that i would have nothing in. I was just trying to share my sheer joy.

point was, I shouldve bought a usable bike a long time ago.

Last edited:

2knees

2Knees, how wide is your skinny? That looks narrow and high!

Awesome!

umm, think gaper. (i have no idea what "how wide is your skinny?" means.)

then ask me again.

oh and for the obvious jokes by the usual suspects. Insert comment here______________________________________

the degree of difficulty on the "how wide.." comment is incredibly low. If you're in the running for funniest AZ'er, we are gonna need something better.

highpeaksdrifter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kryU_iug3zU

I know its super cheeeezy but i havent been on a bike other than to pull my kids around in like 10 years. the problem was keeping my speed as i had to come up my driveway then bang a hard right. and the takeoff was only a 2 x 10. but god what fun.

That's great, brings out the kid in you. I got a feelin there will be more hits in your yard in the near future.

Greg

Staff member
Nepaug

BTW, Pat. This is Nepaug, right up near the mighty Ski Sundown:

Looks like it has your name written all over it.

2knees

BTW, Pat. This is Nepaug, right up near the mighty Ski Sundown:

Looks like it has your name written all over it.

yeah great. I will try any air i saw in there but i seriously doubt my bike is gonna last more than 1 or 2.

mondeo

Incidentally, I was waiting to move so I had a basement to store my third bike in.

I'm moving next week. I'll probably get a hardtail with 100mm travel in the fork. With my weight, I figure more travel is probably advisable.

Greg

Staff member
yeah great. I will try any air i saw in there but i seriously doubt my bike is gonna last more than 1 or 2.

One thing I've found interesting about mountain biking that I was talking about with MR. evil on our ride on Sunday. Stunts that you have no problem doing in your back yard suddenly seem very scary when you're 4 miles from the car. Tim and I were talking about how as kids we would take our BMX bikes off 3 foot high walls without even thinking about it. Yet, we both sat there for a few minutes contemplating taking a 30" drop. Might be an age/risk thing. Hard to explain.

Although, if you're willing to take your new MTB with basically no recent experience and ride up a 2x10 like that with apparently little concern, it's possible that you're just friggin' insane. If that's the case, I'm not sure I do want to ride with you and have you encourage me to kill myself.... :lol:

cbcbd

Damn, 2knees!! Good background to have to get into freeride! You landed a flat landing on an HT... just take drops with a good landing and your bike will survive more than 2 drops.

That is awesome form man!! I'm taking notes... ;)

powbmps

That is awesome form man!! I'm taking notes...

cbcbd is right. Nice absorption!

Maybe I missed the "2knees gets a bike" thread, but what kind of bike is it?

2knees

One thing I've found interesting about mountain biking that I was talking about with MR. evil on our ride on Sunday. Stunts that you have no problem doing in your back yard suddenly seem very scary when you're 4 miles from the car. Tim and I were talking about how as kids we would take our BMX bikes off 3 foot high walls without even thinking about it. Yet, we both sat there for a few minutes contemplating taking a 30" drop. Might be an age/risk thing. Hard to explain.

Greg, i was being sarcastic. The vids you posted were sick though. crazy bastards.