Items on your 'to do' list that mess with your head... - Page 11

AlpineZone

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Thanks for the tips, I'm definitely going to work on that!
    I used to ride around Stowe for hours practicing this stuff when the trails were wet. Also riding along curbs for log ride practice. You can find some nice long curbs to roll. People would drive by and look at me like I was crazy. Going up curbs smooth and slow is also great practice for getting over logs...front wheel.....back wheel.

If it ain't Poe, I don't go.

Rode the Maple run loop today...and the climb I've never made up past laurens loop. Dabbed once early on Tamarack....then made it to litterally the last pedal stroke on the climb up on peek-a-view...dabbed again. Next time I feel like it's in the bag.
    If it ain't Poe, I don't go.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Mine are riding that ladder drop at the beggining of the sessions area and eventually riding Red's Rock (That is what Greg and I have dubbed the spot my buddie broke his ribs). I was really happe that I rode every bridge on the ride today with out hesitation. The stuff I have built in my back yard has really helped with the bridges. I have my own little ladder drop in the back yard at just under 3 feet now and it is no big deal. I should have it up to 4 feet in a few weeks. Then all I will need is a full face helmet and I will attempt that sassions ladder drop.
    Both these are corssed of my list. Nailed Red's Rock last month and finally man'd up and hit the sessions ladder drop this past Friday. The sessions ladder drop is actually easier than the one on Jug-A-Lug IMO.

I also hit the steep roller after the FKC. Its actually not that steep, the only tricky part is getting the line to it right, lots of rocks up the the approach that kept knocking my off the line. I will add that Trev did spot me as we were both kind of worried that I might ride head first into the large tree about 10 feet from the bottom of the rock face. He stood in front of the tree to help deflect me if need be. But it wasn't even an issue. Thanks for having my back there Trev!

The only nagging things left on my list are to clear the FKC top to bottom and get back to the stunt trail at Case to redeem myself. So many things at Case I wussed out on last year that will probably seem very easy when I finnally hit them. The funny thing is the ride last year at Case where I wussed out on all those stunts lit a fire under my ass to get better at drops and rollers especially. So far its paid off, just need to get back to where it all started and finish it.

Next up will be a trip to Vietnam or Lynn Woods with Austin so I can wuss out on a bunch a bigger and dumber stunts / rollers and create a new list

I haven't had many items lately that I feel I have to do lately. I've just been riding, and riding faster. One thing that's bugging me is even the little drops I've been trying are horrible (nose heavy, erratic landings, etc.). I am getting quicker on the DHs though so that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    Next up will be a trip to Vietnam or Lynn Woods with Austin so I can wuss out on a bunch a bigger and dumber stunts / rollers and create a new list
    Yea, adding to my 'To Do List' is on my 'To Do List'... lol...

Haven't been mountain biking much this year... but on my road to do list that is currently messing with my head is the Petersburg 300 km brevet. 190 miles in one day, with a climb over Petersburg pass on the NY/MA border about 110 miles in, a serious pass that gains 1500 feet in about 6 miles of climbing. God help me. I just have to finish within the 20 hour time limit which should be no problem, providing I can actually drag my carcass up the Petersburg pass with 110 miles, plus Searsburg pass already in my legs.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Haven't been mountain biking much this year... but on my road to do list that is currently messing with my head is the Petersburg 300 km brevet. 190 miles in one day, with a climb over Petersburg pass on the NY/MA border about 110 miles in, a serious pass that gains 1500 feet in about 6 miles of climbing. God help me. I just have to finish within the 20 hour time limit which should be no problem, providing I can actually drag my carcass up the Petersburg pass with 110 miles, plus Searsburg pass already in my legs.

That's the kind of stuff I like to watch from a couch, working up a sweat on my beer bottle

GL and Enjoy !

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Damn dude, you're sick...

Sounds like fun!
    Brian

Marc, you're nuts!

My to do list is waaaaay too long.
    I want to do a rollercoaster bridge. I'll be damned if I'm going to walk that sucker again!
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

FYI, the semi a-framed downhill Scoville drop across from the jug handle is called Ruel's Jewels.....that is home to many a Polish wheelie. You guys are welcome to ride the ultra top secret "Biggie Smalls" trails when it's finished in a few weeks. Multiple 3-5 footers with all sorts of bridges, chutes, ladders and stuff to get hurt on.

Thread Information