Items on your 'to do' list that mess with your head... - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    The three little bridges in the Scoville warm-up twisty area are another that I need to conquer.

On my long list is the sketchy downhill to the bridge when going back north after crossing 69 from Session's woods.
    You put the "caveman" bridges in the warm-up route ahead of the sketchy downhill? Funny how the mind plays different tricks on different people. I have no problem with that downhill, yet I still haven't even added those bridges to my list. You go first. Maybe I'll follow.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Now I just have to put it all together and ride it without stopping.
    You'll do it next time. It's hardly a concern to me anymore.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Too many things on my list. The stuff I did last Sunday at Hubbard Park, though, was significant. I picked up quite a bit of speed (for me, anyway) in those rock gardens mainly because I had to. And I'm glad I did it.

In Nass, there are many things I'd like to do. But I have a lot more practicing before I'll get them. I'd like to do that ledge that I taped you guys on, though. Not up but down. Eventually, I'd also like to go down that ledge on B-street that Greg talked Brian into on that ride I did with you guys. I did from the dirt down last Thursday and it wasn't as bad as it looked.

That's about as specific as I can get right now. I'm not really eager to cross any bridges on the bike, though, that's for sure.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

I think he is talking about the bridge and downhill were we let the people go by the other night.

Mine are riding that ladder drop at the beggining of the sessions area and eventually riding Red's Rock (That is what Greg and I have dubbed the spot my buddie broke his ribs). I was really happe that I rode every bridge on the ride today with out hesitation. The stuff I have built in my back yard has really helped with the bridges. I have my own little ladder drop in the back yard at just under 3 feet now and it is no big deal. I should have it up to 4 feet in a few weeks. Then all I will need is a full face helmet and I will attempt that sassions ladder drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You put the "caveman" bridges in the warm-up route ahead of the sketchy downhill? Funny how the mind plays different tricks on different people. I have no problem with that downhill, yet I still haven't even added those bridges to my list. You go first. Maybe I'll follow.

I was thinking the same thing...... That DH is really nothing anymore, I don't think twice about it. I actually rode it faster today than ever before. Then again I didn't think twice about hitting that sketchy bridge made from tree branches. That was with out a doubt the dumbest thing I did all day.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Not mtb, but I've got throw a 360 again on my to do list. I could throw em' with ease in High School, but cracked a rib throwing one in my early 20's and haven't ever tried since. Outside of drops I hardly take to the air at all anymore. I would like to change that this winter.
    They are on my "to do" list every year. 30 years straight.
    Click. Point. Chute.
    Days 12-13: 86
    Days 11-12: 58 ...and done.
    Days 10-11: 66
    Days 07-10: 44 (average)

I cleared a few techy areas today that I've been meaning to. One was a spot that I never had the intention of clearing so soon, but I pulled it off today. The next big item on my list is a spot I've dubbed the MR. evil OTB-hug-a-tree. A month or so back, Tim attempted a small probably 2 foot drop on a section of trail that is pretty tight with not a lot of landing (the trail turns). Anyway, he hit it way too slow, OTB'd and ended up throwing a shoulder firmly into the 10" diameter tree right next to the drop. I watched the whole thing transpire from below about 4 feet away.

Today, I was third behind Tim and o3jeff. Tim styled the drop without any sort of hesitation. Jeff cruised it right after him. Me? I sallied around the lady's tee trail braid. How is it that the dude that OTB'd can take it and I still wuss it? Mind games, I tell ya. One of the greatest things about MTBing, especially when you finally conquer them. Anyway, that little drop is next on my list. I actually would like to wheelie drop it.

Next?
    I actually didn't even think about my previous crash when hitting that spot today. I think part of it is that I know last time was a complete fluke. But seeing how you were about 4 feet from my superman impression and heard the sound of my body slamming into the tree truck I could see how that spot could get into your head.

Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    I was thinking the same thing...... That DH is really nothing anymore, I don't think twice about it. I actually rode it faster today than ever before. Then again I didn't think twice about hitting that sketchy bridge made from tree branches. That was with out a doubt the dumbest thing I did all day.
    I think he is talking about the bridge and downhill were we let the people go by the other night.
    Jeff is correct. The DH before the bridge right before getting to 69 on the standard loop isn't a concern anymore. I don't think Tim has ever been there, and I'm almost certain that Greg has never rode it. This is in the section between the intersection of 69 and Reservoir rd and the fire road that intersects 69 across from Scoville. We walked up this particular section with Chris, after waiting for that large group on our last ride. It's at least as steep as the section you're talking about, but way more washed out, rooty, and rocky, much more narrow and has a drop off to the left if you should happen to fall that way.
    Brian

Der. I misread that. That downhill is way at the bottom of my long list...
    I ski double black diamonds.

drops of any kind. I'm okay with logs and rock gardens, but drops kinda get in my head.
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

Thread Information