Items on your 'to do' list that mess with your head... - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 170
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremf View Post
    My To Do list:

    Areas to ride for the first time:
    Grayville Falls (NEMBA event there this weekend but cannot attend)
    Nashaheogon (sp?)
    Case Mt
    Kingdom Trails
    Vietnam
    All of Al's Trail in Newtown (20 mile epic)



    Areas to revisit:
    Cockaponsit Epic Trail
    Westwoods
    Penwood SP
    It looks like I will be riding either Nassahegan or Case Mt this Sunday morning. Your welcome to join us. You also need to add Batchelor Street and Earls in Amherst / Granby MA to your list of places to ride. Sweet trails!

  2. #42
    I would like to but I am booked Sunday with a family Gig. I had to bail out of the NEMBA Fall Fiesta at Grayville Falls this weekend because of it. I think, however, to make up for that going to try and spend one day each month checking off some of those to dos.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    I took those drops on my second ever on full suspension bike and I have yet to take them again. I actually haven't gone off anything as big as that second drop since that day. I'm working towards being able to get up both drops soon though. Hopefully another month and I'll be able to get up them.

    Here's a vid of someone climbing up that drop:

    It looks way bigger in person.

    BTW, that roller at 1:25 is retarded. It seriously must be at least 70 degrees.
    I love Lynn Woods. That is where I ride most of the time.
    One bedroom condo, sleeps six, available for rent at Sunday River, weekend and weekly rates-PM me for details.

  4. #44

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by SundayRiver Yeti View Post
    I love Lynn Woods. That is where I ride most of the time.
    Well I think we should be meet up then since I am here about 3 times a week, most of the time by myself. When do you usually ride?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I've cleared several of the areas on my mental list in the last few outings. One thing that I like to do on the items that were on my list and I've already cleared is to see how proficient I can get at them.

    The Tim OTB rock is on my short list, the last time I rode there was with my wife the other day and it didn't look that bad so I vowed to hit it next time. The techy sections before hitting the DT at the end of the cemetery twisty area is too. I've made a few of the sections, but never consistently and never all together. The three little bridges in the Scoville warm-up twisty area are another that I need to conquer.

    On my long list is the sketchy downhill to the bridge when going back north after crossing 69 from Session's woods.
    you can get that sketchy downhill!! Stay on the left side the whole way down. There's one other line that requires a bit more precision. When you ride that sketch downhill start it on the extreme left...about a quarter of the way down there will be a dirt shelf in the roots that urges you to move to the right of the trail...as you do that it helps re-center yourself and gives you a quick second to asses the rest of the downhill...at that point you need to go back to the left and there's one root that will get you if you're riding tight gripped or grabbing too much brake. At the bottom, it's almost to the point where you have to wheely drop to to trail erosion...but, it's rollable.

  6. #46
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    Quote Originally Posted by rueler View Post
    you can get that sketchy downhill!! Stay on the left side the whole way down. There's one other line that requires a bit more precision. When you ride that sketch downhill start it on the extreme left...about a quarter of the way down there will be a dirt shelf in the roots that urges you to move to the right of the trail...as you do that it helps re-center yourself and gives you a quick second to asses the rest of the downhill...at that point you need to go back to the left and there's one root that will get you if you're riding tight gripped or grabbing too much brake. At the bottom, it's almost to the point where you have to wheely drop to to trail erosion...but, it's rollable.
    Thanks for the tips rueler. I would have never thought to stay to the left as I'd be trying to stay away from falling off the trail. I'll get it one of these days. I was inspired watching several riders ride down it one day as we were waiting to walk up. I wasn't sure how possible it was till then.
    Brian

  7. #47
    I guess that my goals of things to clean at Nass.are:

    1) Clean the entire Devil's Kitchen area (did about 85-90% today)
    2) Work my courage up to do all of the newer skinnies/log rides on the Stone Road side.
    3) Do all of the rock drops on the old ladder bridge stunt trail on the Stone side.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lynn and Lowell MA
    Posts
    4,380
    Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we didn't. Not a 100% positive though. It is definitely one of the sketchiest well known roller in Lynn woods. Next time I go out I'm going to give that roller another look. Not too sure how happy my bike will be about doing it though.
    Yeah, I took a look at that roller yesterday. Still kind of retarded, but I'm working up the courage up to do it. I need to get someone else to do it before me, or to heckle me for a few minutes before I give it a try. Also there is now way you could even get up the thing without climbing shoes and some climbing experience.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by awf170 View Post
    Yeah, I took a look at that roller yesterday. Still kind of retarded, but I'm working up the courage up to do it. I need to get someone else to do it before me, or to heckle me for a few minutes before I give it a try. Also there is now way you could even get up the thing without climbing shoes and some climbing experience.

    That's where my 5.10 biking shoes come in...

  10. #50
    I think I added about 10 rollers at Case mt I was to much of a wuss to try on my to do list. I was really happy with the way I was riding up these stunts. With some advise from a really good rider I was consistantly making it up rock faces I would have never been able to before. I just wussed out at the top of everything I made it up and walked down.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:29 PM.