Items on your 'to do' list that mess with your head... - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MR. evil View Post
    For practice I built a small 6 long platform in the backyard. Its just long enough for my bike to fit on it with several inched to spare front & back. I ride up onto it very slowly, stop and hold a track stand for a few seconds. Then from a complete stop do a wheely drop. This drill lets me work on a couple of things at once (slow speed maneuvering, track stands, & wheely drops). Lately I have been working on doing wheely drops to my left or right side after a track stand instead of straight off the end. I set the platform on concrete blocks and can adjust the height to suit my mood.
    I gotta setup something like that...

Brian

At this point as a MTB newbie pretty much everything is still on the "to-do" list for me! It is fun to read some of your older posts and finally be able to relate to the challenges they presented to you back then, which I guess are the same ones I'm dealing with now. Regardless, I'm so excited to be out there doing it and get quite excited when I'm able to get through the next one on the list!
    "If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by WoodCore View Post
    At this point as a MTB newbie pretty much everything is still on the "to-do" list for me! It is fun to read some of your older posts and finally be able to relate to the challenges they presented to you back then, which I guess are the same ones I'm dealing with now. Regardless, I'm so excited to be out there doing it and get quite excited when I'm able to get through the next one on the list!
    It's a fun "ride". Trust me, I know where you're coming from. There were things last summer that gave me pause that really aren't much of anything. The early learning curve is fun and steep. Still is for me, but now much more of the trail is of little concern. Looking forward to riding with you eventually.
    I ski double black diamonds.

well to answer the question, there is something i skipped last year that i do really want to hit this year. but i have so much still to work on as far as endurance, balance, knowledge etc it almost seems silly. but there is a gap jump and a road gap in nepaug which both looked very doable that i skipped. One was at the bottom of a run of hits where one of the crankfire guys wiped hard on. (not that gap jump, it was waaaay spaced out) The other was the road gap before the long downhill to step up under the powerlines.

both will be hit the next time i get back there.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    well to answer the question, there is something i skipped last year that i do really want to hit this year. but i have so much still to work on as far as endurance, balance, knowledge etc it almost seems silly. but there is a gap jump and a road gap in nepaug which both looked very doable that i skipped. One was at the bottom of a run of hits where one of the crankfire guys wiped hard on. (not that gap jump, it was waaaay spaced out) The other was the road gap before the long downhill to step up under the powerlines.

both will be hit the next time i get back there.

Place your bets, how long till Pat snaps his bike in half? My guess is the first time he hits Nepaug.

take pictures of myself in Mountain bike attire for my friends, fans and groupies..

Place your bets, how long till Pat snaps his bike in half? My guess is the first time he hits Nepaug.
    Everybody keeps saying that. I bet it lasts most of the summer. 2knees is good like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Everybody keeps saying that. I bet it lasts most of the summer. 2knees is good like that.
    I am actually worried about Pat hitting that road gap jump at Nepaug on that bike. I know he can do it, just not sure the bike can handle it. We watched Duffman, Aeroplane & AdRock hit the gap, its F'g HUGE! They were all easily jumping a good 30 plus feet

I am actually worried about Pat hitting that road gap jump at Nepaug on that bike. I know he can do it, just not sure the bike can handle it. We watched Duffman, Aeroplane & AdRock hit the gap, its F'g HUGE! They were all easily jumping a good 30 plus feet
    Pat's like a buck-fitty soaking wet, and the air he takes, he lands really smooth. I still say that diamondback last longer than anyone predicts. Put him on a real free ride bike and that's when things get scary, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Pat's like a buck-fitty soaking wet, and the air he takes, he lands really smooth. I still say that diamondback last longer than anyone predicts. Put him on a real free ride bike and that's when things get scary, IMHO.
    You make a good point, but I still get a bad feeling when I think about anyone riding a department store bike off stuff like that.

Thread Information