• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lowe Alpine

Phillycore

Anything know anything about them, quality, etc..

I watched the meathead films Epoch earlier and they stopped by the company HQ or something like that based in Maine.
I've seen their stuff online just don't know anything about the quality, etc..

Edit..
on their website it looks like they just have packs, but I know I've seen jackets with their logo on it.. same company??

Phillycore

That's where I saw it....lol
Lowe Alpine Fusion Jacket - Gore-Tex® PacLite® $150

thetrailboss

Staff member
Lowe Alpine makes good stuff. I don't know about them being headquartered in Maine though....and I don't recall that part from Epoch.

Phillycore

I said HQ but my statement is not accurate... Too much amp energy drinks I guess

In Epoch they made a stop in Maine (on the way to Kahadin bad spelling there too..) for supplies and it had something to do with Lowe Alpine... put it that way.

Shroud

STP is definitely a great place to pickup Lowe Alpine products. It's where I got the few pieces of Lowe's clothing that I have. They got in a ton of Lowe Alpine gear just under a year ago and are probably looking to unload the stuff by now so STP might have quite the deals on it currently. I don't think I'd buy the gear at full markup (given what else is available at those prices) but it's a different story when you're looking at 40% off.

The stuff is definitely manufactured in China though if you go by what it says on STP however.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I said HQ but my statement is not accurate... Too much amp energy drinks I guess

In Epoch they made a stop in Maine (on the way to Kahadin bad spelling there too..) for supplies and it had something to do with Lowe Alpine... put it that way.

They stopped at an outfitter in Orono to gear up for the trip to Katahdin and he equipped them with Lowe Alpine stuff.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Thanks for the clarification...

Did you re-watch it just to find out?? lol

It's John Tierney's shop where they stopped, AlpenglowGear.com...

Cool guy, I took my Avi 1 with him. They do stock Lowe Alpine, but that's the only connection AFAIK.

Your other question- I'd put Lowe Alpine on par with other mid-high end gear makers... Marmot, Mountain Hardware, Cloudveil, Outdoor Research etc. They make very good quality stuff, started by a climber in Colorado I believe... Greg Lowe I think?

Last edited: