• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - 9/1/08

bvibert

Staff member
Nice try. Timmy's a bit too smart to say anything that stupid.

If you say so...

Seriously, too bad you were too lazy to make the ride, it was fun. You definitely need to join Tim for a ride with us sometime!

bvibert

Staff member
My legs are a bit stiff this morning, but they have been all season. I think I need to do a better job stretching...

o3jeff

I always say I am going to stretch before the ride, but never due. After the first 5 minutes of the ride the legs seem pretty good to go without the stretching.

Greg

Staff member
I never stretch. I never stretch before skiing either. I know I should, but there are a lot of things I probably should do.. ;)

bvibert

Staff member
I don't stretch hardly ever either. I want to get into the habit of stretching after the ride, but I never seem to remember. When I was riding by myself last year I'd ride in for about 10 minutes to get warmed up and then stretch. I'd sometimes remember to stretch again afterwards, but not all the time. This year I haven't stretch hardly at all. :( I need to be increasing my flexibility, not decreasing it....

Greg

Staff member
What are these sketchy bridges you guys are always have trouble? Like this?

No, not like that. I wouldn't try that bridge either.

I don't think I ever said they were sketchy... Not the ones that I've hit anyway.

But most people walk them, and some people, like Tim, fall off. So they must be somewhat sketchy. So are they like a foot wide?

This is the bridge in question. 1:23 - 1:33:

It's kinda dark, but there's another at 2:31 - 2:35. These are typical.

Greg

Staff member
BTW, Tim/Brian - I think I crushed that pressure gauge.

SimpsonDoh-708615.jpg

Maybe it will work better...

Trekchick

I'd like to interrupt this testosterone fest to post this comment from Ski Diva for Carrie!
Brian,if you thing it was hot seeing Carrie practice bunny hops, imagine if you came home and found her turning her bike into a SS!!
Volklgirl said:
I did some of the stunts that I skipped last time with the new pedals - one of them flawlessly that I've never done without stopping to survey the scene first. Hit a few new things that I cleared well. We even took a different path for a little bit that was more technical than what Brian usually takes me on. I was appreciating being clipped in with all the rooty mess there. Went through a muddy valley that I have always walked through before. It was going really well.

Woo Hoo!!!!

That is, until I sucked in a big stick with the rear derailleur and it caused complete mayhem.
Chaos and Mayhem, my favorite companions! SWEEEEET! Not even just a bent hanger or cage, but an actual shredded derailleur. I have an all new awe and respect for your talents!

Brian had to remove it from the bike and then shortened the chain so I could SS back to the parking lot. The ride was over.
Huhn???? We've been making bikes into SSs on purpose. You definitely should have kept riding.

Glad your ribs weren't hurting....hope your cold goes away soon. Take care of yourself girl!

bvibert

Staff member
I asked her if she wanted to keep going, but she declined. The chain line was far from straight in her preferred gearing too, so the chain constantly seemed to be on the verge of shifting down to the next smaller cog. It was my first time converting to a SS so I think I did a fair job though. :)

ETA; BTW - I think I'd be scared if I came home and she was trying to SS her bike. :eek:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
:oops:

If it wasn't for the chain sounding like it wanted to shift into another gear, I honestly would have given it a shot. For the most part, I have been trying to ride like it's a single speed lately anyway. If I do shift, it's only back and forth between the 2 same gears. But alas, I was afraid of causing more damage to the bike at that point, so I voted for heading back.

Brian - I can just imagine why you'd be scared by that. Does my lack of mechanical inclination scare you just a little? :lol: I don't mind watching and trying to learn, but a lot of that stuff just doesn't stick with me. I'm more right-brained than left-, I suppose. ;)