• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Another Backcountry discount outlet?

Greg

Staff member
How come if I click the WhiskeyMilitia tracker link in your sig it brings me to the Tramdock Tracker?

Because he's an incompetent hack job?

Mildcat

Thanks for the trackers Brian. I open up the SAC tracker every time I get on my pc. I was going to ask if you were going to make a Tramdock tracker but I didn't want to seem pushy. :-D Now I'll have to see if I can just show some self control and not spend my mortgage payments on ski gear.

bvibert

Staff member
No offense to Brian, but I like the Firefox plug-ins.

None taken. I made mine as a fun thing to do, when there were no other options for tracking. I had ideas to do everything that other trackers do, and more, but just never had a chance to do it. I don't really put a whole lot of work into it, just occasional updates when something breaks.

wa-loaf

None taken. I made mine as a fun thing to do, when there were no other options for tracking. I had ideas to do everything that other trackers do, and more, but just never had a chance to do it. I don't really put a whole lot of work into it, just occasional updates when something breaks.

I also like the MacSAC tracker on my mac. That's a separate application with windows that pop-up when something new comes on-line.

gmcunni

new (to me) Gear Trade seems to be another backcountry affliated site. i read elsewhere that Gear Trade is where tramdock/SAC/ et al sell their returns?

anyone have experience buying from them?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
new (to me) Gear Trade seems to be another backcountry affliated site. i read elsewhere that Gear Trade is where tramdock/SAC/ et al sell their returns?

I have. Bought my 2nd pair of A-Line's from them for $40.

Mildcat

Last year I bought a pair of Watea 84's from geartrade, BC was the seller. The skis were mounted once but looked like they were never used. I think I paid $210 for them. Just be cautious because anyone can sell stuff on there.

gmcunni

Last year I bought a pair of Watea 84's from geartrade, BC was the seller. The skis were mounted once but looked like they were never used. I think I paid $210 for them. Just be cautious because anyone can sell stuff on there.

can you tell who the seller is before you buy?

Mildcat

Yes, when you click on an item, if you look at the top right corner it shows the "seller ratings". Back Country was the seller of the Wateas I bought so I felt comfortable pulling the trigger. Just like Ebay or Craigslist it's buyer beware. More often than not you'll end up with a good deal.