Nassahegan RAW - 9/3/08 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    That was an "interesting" ride . Thanks for letting me tag along.

Disapearing powhunter, hooting owls and flashing lightning...what more could I ask for.

Greg, you should be good to go for ski season. You were cranking up those hills.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Time to buy a headlight and a light for the visor...
    Too bad someone didn't recommend that earlier.

Glad you guys are alright.
    I have tons of respect for Lightening!
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

That lightning was crazy last night!

Creepy way to end the ride, but glad to hear everyone got out safely. Figures on Steve-O's experience for the night - he has a knack for flair!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by powbmps View Post
    That was an "interesting" ride . Thanks for letting me tag along.

Disapearing powhunter, hooting owls and flashing lightning...what more could I ask for.

Greg, you should be good to go for ski season. You were cranking up those hills.
    I'm glad you were at least entertained. I wish we were able to take advantage of that sweet downhill while it was still light vs. picking our way down it in the dark. It would have made the clmibs worth it. Again, fun riding with you anyway.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yup. That's definitely the spot. The way the trail flows SSE, it's hard to notice the trail to the left to the northeast. Apparently Steve found it. This evening was probably the fourth time I rode that trail and I never noticed it going in that direction. I suspect Steve continued northeast right to Stone Road. He seemed to find pavement pretty quick and I think if he got hung up in the kitchen, it would have taken him much longer to get out.

Looking at that map again, it makes sense why Chris and my ride out seemed to take so long...that was a pretty long way! Most of that ride was in less light than we had when we finished last week's RAW. RAW season is quickly coming to an end, I think.
    That's the trail I was telling you last time that we would need to take if we wanted to get over to the beginning of the Kitchen.

If he ran into pavement quickly then he probably went right past the kitchen entrance to Stone Rd like you said. If he had gone down the kitchen it would have taken him a while just to get back to the DT, then he still wouldn't have been very close to pavement (I don't think).
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    That's the trail I was telling you last time that we would need to take if we wanted to get over to the beginning of the Kitchen.
    I remember you saying that, but that's not the one I thought I saw on Monday. Once cutting across from the Lamson loop and shortly after taking the right at the 'T', there's another not heavily traveled trail that comes in almost parallel. That also links up with the trail Steve apparently rode out last night. It's marked in light purple here, I believe.
    I ski double black diamonds.

I never noticed that trail, good to know it's there though. The one I was talking about is the one that I posted earlier.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Sounds like a crazy ride!

The only trail intersection that I can think of in that area is the trail that heads back towards the entrance to the kitchen. It's not really obvious from the direction that you guys were going. It leads back to some DT before meeting up with the trail that leads to the Kitchen, which also isn't all that obvious from the direction. The DT leads back to Stone Rd. so it's possible that he just followed that without actually hitting the kitchen. But it's entirely possible he found his way into the kitchen and then hung a left, instead of right, when he got down to the DT, which I imagine would also lead to Stone Rd eventually. I'd like to hear Steve's account of where he rode to try and get an idea. If he did indeed navigate the kitchen in failing light then that's pretty impressive.

You can see the trails I'm talking about in the track that Jeff got when we rode out that way earlier in the year.

http://www.crankfire.com/map/index.p...,469&w=0&k=&h=
    Nice riding with you guys....Yea it was an adventure....Powbumps and were greg were a bit ahead of me.....I came to a trail intersection and took a left....it was some gnar ST then after a while I came to an X at some DT...I was gonna cross and continue on the ST but it was getting real dark, and the only real light was from the lightning...

So I took a left on the DT which eventually led to a gravel road and a paved road....I was still unsure of where i was....anyways I just kept going in the direction I thought was right..ended up at Marrinellis restaurant out in the sticks.... I stopped to call greg and I hear someone say "look at that boy on his bike hes soaking wet" Anyways there was 3 middle aged Milfs that offered to give me a ride back to scoville...So I get in this minivan sweating like a pig, soaked from the rain, and covered in this black really smelly mud...so 2 of them are talking german...I understand a little from my years living there... I thought they were gonna try something with me....but they just gave me their after dinner chocolates and dropped me off back at scoville....what a FN mission!! Nice riding with ya Grassi....powbumps.....greg

steve

Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    Nice riding with you guys....Yea it was an adventure....Powbumps and were greg were a bit ahead of me.....I came to a trail intersection and took a left....it was some gnar ST then after a while I came to an X at some DT...I was gonna cross and continue on the ST but it was getting real dark, and the only real light was from the lightning...

So I took a left on the DT which eventually led to a gravel road and a paved road....I was still unsure of where i was....anyways I just kept going in the direction I thought was right..ended up at Marrinellis restaurant out in the sticks.... I stopped to call greg and I hear someone say "look at that boy on his bike hes soaking wet" Anyways there was 3 middle aged Milfs that offered to give me a ride back to scoville...So I get in this minivan sweating like a pig, soaked from the rain, and covered in this black really smelly mud...so 2 of them are talking german...I understand a little from my years living there... I thought they were gonna try something with me....but they just gave me their after dinner chocolates and dropped me off back at scoville....what a FN mission!! Nice riding with ya Grassi....powbumps.....greg

steve
    geman milfs? and you didn't try to wrangle a sponge bath out of them?
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post

steve
    Only you, Steve. That could only happen to you.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Thread Information