• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan RAW - 9/3/08

o3jeff

Wow, you did some riding to get to Marinelli's. Glad you found your way out of the woods at least.

FYI, Brain and I are more considerate than Greg if any of you beginners are looking to go out riding:wink: We might not get 2knees out riding with stories like this

Grassi21

Wow, you did some riding to get to Marinelli's. Glad you found your way out of the woods at least.

FYI, Brain and I are more considerate than Greg if any of you beginners are looking to go out riding:wink: We might not get 2knees out riding with stories like this

i know you are bustin' greg's stones. but he has always waited for me at intersections. i even managed to get myself in front of him somehow in the cemetery twisties. ;-)

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I can vouch for this! Brian has always taken good care of me while riding, but Jeff has also been quite considerate when leading with any newbs. I'll also add Tim to that list.

bvibert

Staff member
In Greg's defense he's real good at stopping at trail merges usually. The trail that Steve apparently took is not very obvious so I don't think Greg even saw it until he was going back to find Steve.

Greg

Staff member
i know you are bustin' greg's stones. but he has always waited for me at intersections. i even managed to get myself in front of him somehow in the cemetery twisties. ;-)

I actually felt terrible about Steve getting lost since I knew he didn't know the area. The spot where Chris and I stopped was the only intersection that I knew about on that trail. After we backtracked, the other one is more obvious when coming from the other direction. Leave it to Steve-O to find the obscure turn! :lol: Just glad we all got out safely. The storm that came through after we got out was a ripper. Wild lightning on the drive home.

powhunter

Greg

Staff member
I can vouch for this! Brian has always taken good care of me while riding, but Jeff has also been quite considerate when leading with any newbs. I'll also add Tim to that list.

Wow. Way to toss me under the bus. :eek:

What you fail to realize, my dear, is that I have more respect and confidence in your riding skill than those other dopes. They want to hold your hand; I want you to challenge yourself! :razz:

bvibert

Staff member
It took a lot of effort.......and I was so FN paranoid of being clipped by a car

steve

I would have been, especially since it seems you must have been riding down the big hill on GW Turnpike, which people fly down.

I think you need a GPS dude. ;)

gmcunni

you guys ever consider throwing walkie-talkies into your packs for the larger group rides? isn't there an official AZ channel?

Greg

Staff member
you guys ever consider throwing walkie-talkies into your packs for the larger group rides? isn't there an official AZ channel?

Probably not a bad idea actually. But I carry enough stuff with me. Unfortunately cell coverage is not the best at Nassahegan, but I can make calls most of the time and always carry my cell. Steve made the right call though just riding down since he knew we climbed to the high point of the forest. Eventually you come to pavement.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Wow. Way to toss me under the bus. :eek:

What you fail to realize, my dear, is that I have more respect and confidence in your riding skill than those other dopes. They want to hold your hand; I want you to challenge yourself! :razz:
You did just fine stopping on the last ride I joined you guys. Don't sweat it. ;)

Way to redeem yourself, BTW! ;)

That's actually not a bad idea. Though I don't think it's been an issue before, it could be a good idea safety-wise since cell service is spotty.

o3jeff

I just want to apologize to Greg, I was only kidding with that comment and just trying to lure some riders for Brians ride tonight. Greg does a great job of leading rides and any newbs should not worry.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I just want to apologize to Greg, I was only kidding with that comment and just trying to lure some riders for Brians ride tonight. Greg does a great job of leading rides and any newbs should not worry.
Don't backtrack! He's a man, he can take it! ;)

You guys are too serious sometimes... geesh!

Trekchick

Of course he's going to take good care of you to make sure you make it out of the woods. He said it himself, he has to take care of his cleaning lady.(or was it house keeper?)