• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

In a pick up game

In a competitve pickup game, your best bet would be

• football

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • basketball

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • soccer

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • baseball

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I'll pass

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Other (hockey, golf, lacrosse, wrestling, etc)

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

2knees

I was wondering how many of us could hang in a so called major sport? I'll say baseball, football, soccer and basketball. If you played hockey, thats a fringe sport now. :lol:

I'm disqualifying golf because its not a sport per se. :flame:

2knees

Just because you cant play does not make it a fringe sport!:argue:

i knew that would piss someone off. i'd bet there are a bunch of people on this board who played hockey. Hell, I did.

None of the above..I suck at all of those sports...aside from skiing and golf...I'm worthless when it comes to sports..

mondeo

Volleyball or Lacrosse for me.

I agree that the top 3 major sports in this country are football, baseball, and basketball, but I don't see how you classify soccer as a major sport but not hockey. Not in this country.

wa-loaf

I'm not great with the ball sports. I could probably hang with soccer, but a few sprints down the field and I'd be curled up in a corner gasping for air. :lol:

dmc

Those are all team sports...
I was never into team sports...

In high school i swam, ran track, competed in pistols and rode horses...

I played ultimate frisbee for a while..

deadheadskier

Staff member
I was wondering how many of us could hang in a so called major sport? I'll say baseball, football, soccer and basketball. If you played hockey, thats a fringe sport now. :lol:

I'm disqualifying golf because its not a sport per se. :flame:

I always have called Hockey, the fourth of three major sports :lol:

From that list, I was the most skilled at Lacrosse. I bought a stick two summers ago and played for the first time since high school and can still play fairly decent. If my work schedule allowed and there was a local league, I'd probably play again. Lax is definitely the BEST/most fun team sport I've ever played and I played most on that list growing up: Soccer, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Lax

Is Pinball a sport? I have 3rd highest score on the Adams Family pinball machine at the local watering hole..a couple weeks ago I was walking through one of the local city parks where there are White Men Can't Jump style street B-Ball jams all the time. Just watching the intensity of their matches makes cruising down Lazy Mile seem like being in a coma by comparison. I don't like other people sweat getting on me which makes Basketball...icky..I was on the Scholastic Scrimmage team in high school and Senior year we beat our cross-town rivals and celebrated with lunch at Chilis..unfortunately that was the high point of my Scholastic Srummage career...because we lost the next match and all the groupies went back to the Football players...mad Homer Simpson yo!!!!..Doh

Grassi21

seeing that this spring will mark my 19th year of lacrosse, i will go will lacrosse. although i did pay a ton of hs and pickup hoops during hs.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
i was really into soccer in highschool. in my town soccer is bigger than football. we had local team, traveling, club, and highschool. manny of the kids on varsity end up with full rides to college. i gave it up to go to vermont so i could snowboard.

BeanoNYC

Swimming and Hockey were my better sports growing up. Hell, I'm a former Zamboni driver for crying out loud.

tree_skier

Being that the legs are pretty shot and I am 48 I am down to baseball. When I was in my twenties it was a different story, I played against top level lacrosse and some pretty good basketball players and could have done touch football against good competition but not full contact.

Greg

Staff member
Never really got into team sports. I'm more of a one on one or man vs. nature kinda guy. I used to be okay at racquetball in college. Played tennis a few summers and really enjoyed that.