• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Top five most challenging runs in SNE?

Greg

Staff member
I have skied jiminy for years and have never seen liftline below the triple open. I do not even see it poached all that often. Does it lack snow making? FOr a place with jiminy''s money and rep you would think they would put snowmaking in or groom it or hey you know open it......hell even cut the brush on it that is apparent in your photo and about 4 foot high any time i go by it, I think it might be one of the toughest because of its narrowness. It could also be good because it is fairly shaded and has tree portection and could hold snow well. Unless it is at the worng angle to the sun.

It seems like most of the Jiminy clientele is not interested in a run like Liftline so it doesn't get much attention. Tough to make a lot of snow on a liftline if you expect to use that lift often. Haven't been to Jiminy in a few years and I know that triple only runs on weekends so maybe it's possible.

drjeff

The CT divide is this: area code 203 is NY suburb, area code 860 is New England. Always has been always will be.

CT.gif

+1, We're all fine and dandy here in CT until that stupid new 3rd area code(475) arrives next month ;) :eek: :rolleyes:

deadheadskier

Staff member
The CT divide is this: area code 203 is NY suburb, area code 860 is New England. Always has been always will be.

CT.gif

My brief time there for the summer of 1994 pre-dates the area code divide, it was all 203 back then. Most of the people I met in Burlington were Yankee fans or so it seemed......Then again, my feeling is that even if you were born and raised on Commonwealth Avenue in Boston, if you're a Yankee fan, you're a New Yorker ;) :lol:

drjeff

I want to say that 860 showed up around 1994 or 95 - I remember it happened soon after I moved to CT to goto dental school and I started there in the fall of 1993

Here's the wiki info about the new 475 area code, wiki makes it seem like it's to augment the 203 area, and the 2011 debuting 959 area code which wiki makes it seem like will augment the 860 area code.

"The CT Public Utility commission in August 1999 proposed an area code overlay for the 860 area code; the new area code was to be 959. This proposal was postponed for nearly a decade due to number conservation measures; in September 2008, it was announced that the 959 area code will overlay 860 within two years (likewise, 475 will overlay 203 in a similar time frame.); In March 2009, It was announced that the 475 overlay will be activated by April 2009, with the new 959 overlay coming active by 2011, thus missing the original "two year" mark announced."

10 digit dialing for EVERY call is going to suck though! :mad:

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
10 digit dialing for EVERY call is going to suck though! :mad:

When I moved to NJ, that was a huge adjustment for me. Everytime I used the phone, I would get that annoying "Beep-beep-BEEP. If you'd like to make a call, please hang up and try again. If you need help, hang up and dial the operator."

Highway Star

That's too bad, because you're all wrong.

Pound for Pound, I'd put icicles up against almost anything in the northeast. Steep pitch, narrow, and two manditory cliff drops.

2knees

nope, i just think you're an idiot so i'll point that out whenever i feel like it.