Tyler Mill RAW - 9/22 - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Ooof. I had a Dukes of Hazard lookin' dude in a big pick-up staring at me on the way out. Then I passed a nerdy looking fellow in a subcompact almost waving to me. See those two Grassi? Cripes. Creepy meter was pegged. Just a culture I've never been exposed to before.
    i saw them both. the guy in the pick up was there during our last ride with miggs as well.

    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

    Namaste you guys!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    When Steve and I were riding around there our first time there looking for the trails it did seem kinda odd that all these dudes were sitting in their cars. We actually asked the guy by the bridge in the grey Ford truck reading the newspaper on the hood(was there the other night we rode too) for some trail recommendations.

    Looks like if you are gonna ride out of that lot you better plan it as a group ride.
    that guy in the pick up reading the paper must be a regular. that is one of the guys i was talking about.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

    Namaste you guys!

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southington, CT
    Posts
    9,792
    Looks like you guys had fun on you Broke Back ride. Gary, hope they can fix the bike quick for you this time and hopefully nothing else goes wrong.

  4. #24
    You guys are a riot!

    Gary - sorry about the derailleur. Sucks when they break. Hope you get your bike fixed up soon!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Did he recommend the Hershey Highway?

    Sorry. I just had to...

    egggcellent.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    Gary, hope they can fix the bike quick for you this time and hopefully nothing else goes wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Gary - sorry about the derailleur. Sucks when they break. Hope you get your bike fixed up soon!
    Thanks.. my wife gave me a funny look and said something like "for spending so much on a new bike it sure does break a lot."

    Greg, i think you were right, i think it was that poorly executed attempt to get over that big log that started my issues. i began noticing a lot of noise from the rear derailleur after that. i figured it was another adjustment but in retrospect probably the bent equipment not allowing the chain to line up correctly.

  7. #27
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    Thanks.. my wife gave me a funny look and said something like "for spending so much on a new bike it sure does break a lot."
    You're riding pretty legit terrain. That spot where it finally failed was sorta techy.

    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    Greg, i think you were right, i think it was that poorly executed attempt to get over that big log that started my issues. i began noticing a lot of noise from the rear derailleur after that. i figured it was another adjustment but in retrospect probably the bent equipment not allowing the chain to line up correctly.
    Thinking back, I think you railed that rock with the left side of your frame, but you may have whacked that derailleur side too. Probably weakened the hanger at least. That cage was pretty mangled, so I'm not sure it would have been rideable had it bent like that when you first whacked it. You did mention that you didn't recall hitting anything when the hanger finally broke though, right?
    I ski double black diamonds.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    You did mention that you didn't recall hitting anything when the hanger finally broke though, right?
    correct, we were going up that slight hill. a little rocky but nothing serious. at first i thought i simply got a stick caught up. i hopped off to clear the stick and found the derailleur just hanging there. i wasn't even pedaling hard at that point.

  9. #29
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    correct, we were going up that slight hill. a little rocky but nothing serious. at first i thought i simply got a stick caught up. i hopped off to clear the stick and found the derailleur just hanging there. i wasn't even pedaling hard at that point.
    Hmm. Must've been when the hanger finally gave way. Neither here nor there at this point, I guess. Good luck getting it fixed quickly.
    I ski double black diamonds.

  10. #30
    forgot to mention, i shot some video on my walk back to the parking lot yesterday. here it is


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:30 AM.