• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - 10/1/08

2knees

oh and i'm in some pretty nice pain. legs are sore and my neck/upper back is stiff. also nailed my taint on the seat pretty good when i dropped that rock the second time. hurts more today then yesterday.

Greg

Staff member
i'm just probably going to start walking the uphills sooner. I was trying to keep up with you as best as i could at first and wasn't being realistic with myself. When i started to see white spots and and had to turn around to pick up the lung that flew out of my mouth, i knew it was hopeless.

Might not be a bad idea to have some water along with you too... :lol:

Grassi21

they got my derailleur fixed very quickly. if you get it back you thinking of joining Sunday AM in Trumbull?

i'm out. 8:30 mass is killing my Sun morning ride time. might do waldo after church.

2knees

Might not be a bad idea to have some water along with you too... :lol:

and to think, i wasnt even going to bring that 16 oz bottle with me. I finished that in about 30 minutes.

Greg

Staff member
and to think, i wasnt even going to bring that 16 oz bottle with me. I finished that in about 30 minutes.

I drink anywhere from 40-100 oz on a typical ride.

Grassi21

i get at least two liters in me before the ride. i probably put down another 1.5 liters during a ride. when i get home i usually have a couple of beers. and if i'm lucky, a nice bowl of blueberries from maine. 8)

Grassi21

Most churches have a Saturday afternoon mass...

we started going to this tiny church in roxbury. seats less than 100 and they only have one mass, 8:30 am. which makes waldo a good option for me after i get my amens and alleluias in.

Grassi21

dude, stop rubbing it in. you're killing me.

btw, thanks for carrying the water for me. talk about totally unprepared on my part. :roll:

no problem. i peed it it one of those times i lagged behind.

rueler

dude, stop rubbing it in. you're killing me.

btw, thanks for carrying the water for me. talk about totally unprepared on my part. :roll:

2knees, do you need a cage to hold a water bottle?? I've got at least 3 or 4 kicking around that I don't use at all!! If you want one, let me know and I can give it to you on a ride.

My bike is fixed already!! My shop had it ready by the time I got out of work today. you guys riding anywhere this weekend??

MR. evil

Pat,
Just get out and ride, the rest will come with time & sweat. If you want I can give you a tour of some stuff close to you so you can get out on your own. The West Hartford Res. and Case Mt are both real close to you.

FWIW, Greg's first 6 or so rides this year were on trails MUCH easier than what he took you on for your first ride.

Greg

Staff member
FWIW, Greg's first 6 or so rides this year were on trails MUCH easier than what he took you on for your first ride.

Okay. I'll play along. You've never ridden the trails we took Pat on yesterday so how do you know what they are like?. Secondly, where exactly did I ride my first six or so rides? Just sayin'...

:razz:

Anyway, you are right in that the Stone Road trails are far more challenging than anything I first rode. Just not sure why the comparison is important...

Johnny's good for a once-a-month ride. You appreciate him more in limited doses. :razz: The funny thing is that POS he rode tonight isn't the biggest piece of crap he's ridden this season:

Put the sound up. The commentary is classic. :lol:

Mighty Mighty Bosstones rock!!!

MR. evil

Okay. I'll play along. You've never ridden the trails we took Pat on yesterday so how do you know what they are like?. Secondly, where exactly did I ride my first six or so rides? Just sayin'...

If I recall you first handfull of rides this year where at White Memorial and you told me that stuff was MUCH easier than anything at Nass.

Greg

Staff member
If I recall you first handfull of rides this year where at White Memorial and you told me that stuff was MUCH easier than anything at Nass.
3 X White Memorial, 1 Hubbard, 1 Nepaug and 1 WH Rez to be exact. #7 was Nass. What's the point again? ;)

o3jeff

I remember the first ride at Nass(with the paper directions) doing the main loop and probably walking my bike more than I rode it