• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan RAW - 10/8/08

migs 01

Excellent ride tonight. Good to see everyone again and nice to meet Tim. Good times were had by all....I think.

bvibert

Staff member
You got one up on Brian and Jeff now.
:beer:

The only time I've ever even seen that a-frame was in the dark. I guarantee that none of you suckas would have rode it for the first time in the dark... :roll: I will be going back in the daylight to hit it... ;)

rueler

The only time I've ever even seen that a-frame was in the dark. I guarantee that none of you suckas would have rode it for the first time in the dark... :roll: I will be going back in the daylight to hit it... ;)

Brian, I was surprised that you had never seen that section of trail!! If it was something that piqued your interest, we can revisit it early in a ride to make sure that daylight is not a factor!

As I have said before, and will say again, the 3 stunts in that section are more technical than the bigger drop across the street!! You can call me crazy, but I'm being dead serious. The bigger drop requires way less skill...just commitment!

rueler

No, I rode yesterday, did you? Oh yeah I rode farther and faster too... :roll:

Be nice!! We only rode fast because you were riding on my tail...It's your fault! and let's be honest...we're both liars...there's no way that we can ride that fast?:razz:

bvibert

Staff member
Brian, I was surprised that you had never seen that section of trail!! If it was something that piqued your interest, we can revisit it early in a ride to make sure that daylight is not a factor!

As I have said before, and will say again, the 3 stunts in that section are more technical than the bigger drop across the street!! You can call me crazy, but I'm being dead serious. The bigger drop requires way less skill...just commitment!

What can I say, I'm a creature of habit. I found a route I liked through there and stuck with it. Actually, I knew there was more stuff, but the opportunity to try it out hasn't presented itself. I don't know if I'd try either of the second two stunts, but I really want to try out the A frame.

I'm definitely not ready for the drop across the street, no matter how easy it is... ;)

bvibert

Staff member
Be nice!! We only rode fast because you were riding on my tail...It's your fault! and let's be honest...we're both liars...there's no way that we can ride that fast?:razz:

I'll take the blame for pushing a faster pace. ;)

Greg knows I'm just busting his stones. You didn't have to tell them that we're liars though. I was perfectly content with letting them think we did a 9.5 mile loop at 7MPH, instead of the one leisurely loop around the sessions gravel loop we really did. :dunce:

Greg

Staff member
I'll take the blame for pushing a faster pace. ;)

Greg knows I'm just busting his stones. You didn't have to tell them that we're liars though. I was perfectly content with letting them think we did a 9.5 mile loop at 7MPH, instead of the one leisurely loop around the sessions gravel loop we really did. :dunce:

Considering you normally ride about as fast as a dead snail trough glue, I didn't thinking you really had a moving average of 7 MPH...

:razz:

bvibert

Staff member
Considering you normally ride about as fast as a dead snail trough glue, I didn't thinking you really had a moving average of 7 MPH...

:razz:

I ride slow with you so I don't hurt your frail ego...

:lol:

Greg

Staff member
BTW, here's a pic of the ladder ramp right after the A frame:

phpThumb.php

We definitely didn't come across this one:

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

It's supposed to be in the swamp twisties too.

migs 01

BTW, here's a pic of the ladder ramp right after the A frame:

phpThumb.php

We definitely didn't come across this one:

phpThumb.php

phpThumb.php

It's supposed to be in the swamp twisties too.

This other ramp looks much bigger. Gotta find it!!!

rueler

you guys actually did come across that really big one in the swamp twisties...it just underwent a transformation since that picture....That big one is actually the first A-frame now...the creator of the stunt added the backside ramp because when it was just a jump the take off angle shot you almost directly towards a large tree on the right side of the trail.

Further north towards the river crossing there is another rock roller trail and another skinnier a-frame to play on.

Greg

Staff member
you guys actually did come across that really big one in the swamp twisties...it just underwent a transformation since that picture....That big one is actually the first A-frame now...the creator of the stunt added the backside ramp because when it was just a jump the take off angle shot you almost directly towards a large tree on the right side of the trail.

It's so great to have you here as the resident Nassahegan historian! Thanks!

Further north towards the river crossing there is another rock roller trail and another skinnier a-frame to play on.

Is that the little loop that heads west over the stone walls and then links back up with the main Cornwall/69 loop? I've only been in there once too and recall a few ladder drops, I think.

migs 01

lol! I totally see it now. Stooopid migs.

rueler

It's so great to have you here as the resident Nassahegan historian! Thanks!

Is that the little loop that heads west over the stone walls and then links back up with the main Cornwall/69 loop? I've only been in there once too and recall a few ladder drops, I think.

Yeah, that's the trail!! I haven't been on it since early summer. It's a short little horshoe route that rolls west and loops back east...it exits you back on the main route that runs parallel with 69...right by the river. It's fun and there's a couple of nice challenges in there.