• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SKIING: Killington, Vermont - Friday, 11/21

Is this at regular rates? $77 for full day?

Just checking... I was thinking of maybe finding a way to get up on Saturday but not if it's at the regular Saturday rate of $82...

I'm guessing it's going to be the early season $65 rate..if they charge 77 or 82..then I will say that Powdr'missing a vowel is not as legit as people make them out to be.

reefer

Did the (4) tickets for $199.00 that Geoff posted 10/25/08 in the skiing-on-the-cheap thread. So it was $212.00 with tax ($53.00/ticket). Have to be in a ski club/council. Not the greatest deal around but between these and my passports I ski Killington at least (6) times this year! I was already in a club. Don't know what restrictions, I'm assuming Holidays. Picking it up at Snowshed Friday morning. I'm one of the ones that would rather pay a little extra for the smaller crowds...............although I probably will not spend more than $40.00 on a ticket the remainder of the year, and half my tickets are comps.

2knees

i'm gonna sit this one out. I hope i regret it. but cant justify another vacation day this early in the season.

Greg

Staff member
i'm gonna sit this one out. I hope i regret it. but cant justify another vacation day this early in the season.

You just insured that Friday is indeed going to be a powder day.

danny p

I'm in unless it gets really ugly.

Greg
Grassi21
bvibert
ALLSKIING
Reefer
skibum9995
danny p

Greg

Staff member
At what point does it make sense to bump this to the 21st? Not really interested in taking a vacation day for rain skiing, especially if next week is more promising. I would need to know by tomorrow in order to shift work plans. Thoughts?

Are you afraid to ski in the rain??? 40% chance for Friday isn't that bad..

Thursday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Thursday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

I am. i'm afraid i might melt. at least thats what my mommy always told me.

I've skied in the rain so much it doesn't even faze me..especially at a place like Killington where you can dry off in the Ganjala..I wish the clits hit the Vermont mountains on the weekends..I'm hoarding my vacation days for winter/spring skiing..

Greg

Staff member
Are you afraid to ski in the rain??? 40% chance for Friday isn't that bad..

Thursday: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Thursday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 37. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Friday: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 46. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

No. I'm not afraid - done it many times. But I'm not psyched about taking a vacation day to drive 3 hours to ski a WROD in the rain when all indications point to the potential that waiting a week might result in more terrain being open.

Moe Ghoul

At what point does it make sense to bump this to the 21st? Not really interested in taking a vacation day for rain skiing, especially if next week is more promising. I would need to know by tomorrow in order to shift work plans. Thoughts?

Next week looks promising starting Sunday for serious snowmaking. With T-giving 2.5 weeks away, I would think they'd really crank it up next week. Right now, were looking at going up either Tues or Wed. Chance for snow showers Mon/Tues, If they're making snow then, midweek into the weekend may be solid. That's the bet were making right now.