• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SKIING: Killington, Vermont - Friday, 11/21

bvibert

Staff member
At what point does it make sense to bump this to the 21st? Not really interested in taking a vacation day for rain skiing, especially if next week is more promising. I would need to know by tomorrow in order to shift work plans. Thoughts?

If it's pretty likely to rain then postponing until the 21st might not be a bad idea.

danny p

i would definately at least hold out to the last minute, weather forecasts are only accurate a day or two in advance. since this morning the forecast has become more favorable, just not on the noaa site...

for example(don't forget to click on imperial msmts):
http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Killington/6day/top

very little ncp in that forecast!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I vote for the 21st...at Snow. ;)

Early season skiing seems hardly worth it if you're going to drive all that distance to ski in the rain. Just MHO, though.

Grassi21

I would wait until Tuesday to see if the weather changes...If not the 21st works for me.

i agree. easy for me to swap the 14th for the 21st. but the jones is hitting pretty hard these days...

Greg

Staff member
i agree. easy for me to swap the 14th for the 21st. but the jones is hitting pretty hard these days...

The forecast got a little better:

Thursday: A chance of snow after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Still rain for Thursday night and Friday at 3132', but we're going in the right direction at least. :)

danny p

yup, it starting to look that way. There has been no promise that they will even open on Friday, so it might be best to push it up to next week.

Greg

Staff member
I vote we move it to the 21st and also back to Snow.

Although K will have a ton more open then snow.....Depends on if you want to drive for more trails.

All right. The 21st it is. I'm open to either Snow or Killington. If Killington has significantly more advanced terrain (I would bet they will given the additional snowmaking), I'm still down with K-mart.

2knees

i'm down for the 21st but i'm gonna go where the skiing is the best. If snow doesnt have chute open, killington will be my destination.

Greg

Staff member
i'm down for the 21st but i'm gonna go where the skiing is the best. If snow doesnt have chute open, killington will be my destination.

Totally. And even if Chute is open, but Killington has a few advanced runs to choose from, I'll be driving the extra hour. I'm going to plan on Killington for now.

2knees

Totally. And even if Chute is open, but Killington has a few advanced runs to choose from, I'll be driving the extra hour. I'm going to plan on Killington for now.

i'm on board with that. My guess is that killington will have downdraft headwall, mousetrap and highline open at the least. DD headwall and mousetrap are kinda short but highline has provided nice early season bumps past years. kinda a funky double fall line trail at the top and fairly steep.

powhunter

yea next weeks weather looks good...K should be able to blow a lot of snow and coupled with some natural snow should be the best show around

steve