SKIING: Killington, Vermont - Friday, 11/21 - Page 8

AlpineZone

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    You getting a place up at Mount Snow, Steve?

~Rich~

id really like to meet some AZers in person. i dont know if my dad would approve though.
    anyway if im there on the 14th which i probably will be. ill keep an eye out for AZers.
    when hell freezes over, i'll ski there too

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Okay. Time to put in a V Day. This is contingent on a few things:
    • They're open
    • Chute is open
    • Chute is ungroomed
    • It's not raining
    I could push to Friday, 11/21 if need be. Who else is down?
    I officially put in for the day off on Friday, 11/14. Bring it on!
    I'm going to venture a guess and assume at least the top three criteria will be met so it's time for a 2 week out roll call:

Greg
    I ski double black diamonds.

I'm going to venture a guess and assume at least the top three criteria will be met so it's time for a 2 week out roll call:
    Greg
    bvibert
    Brian

Tagalong....

Tagalong....
    Fine, I'll go the day before and shred all the gnar before you have a chance to...
    Brian

Greg
    Items 2 and 3 *might* be an issue. Just a hunch, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if Mount Snow's trail roll out this year is a little different than in years past. I'd bet that ALOT of early season snowmaking resources (read as water) is focused on Carinthia for a few reasons. 1) Carinthia and it's parks/pipes are hands down going to be the #1 focus of Mount Snow and its marketing this year, and the faster they open more terrain there/the faster the parks get bigger, the more of the day-ticket buying early season park/pipe market who traditionally shows up early and in marginal conditions the'll attract and 2) The Mountain Dew/AST Tour stop at Mount Snow January 8-11. HUGE event, national TV sameday coverage, lots of 3rd party $$ being pumped into marketing this event = BIG exposure for Mount Snow + the Deerfield Valley, so Mount Snow will be doing everything they can to make the mountain look as good as possible for this event, and that means having a HUGE superpipe and a HUGE + LONG park in place the 1st week of January - This is alot of snow that needs to be made, and hence one of the reasons why they've already started making snow for the 1/2 pipe.

As a result of this, as long as mother nature cooperates, Chute will be in the first wave of trails rolled out, but it wouldn't suprise if it's Thanksgiving week before that happens.
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17 (Mount Snow)

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Items 2 and 3 *might* be an issue. Just a hunch, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if Mount Snow's trail roll out this year is a little different than in years past. I'd bet that ALOT of early season snowmaking resources (read as water) is focused on Carinthia for a few reasons. 1) Carinthia and it's parks/pipes are hands down going to be the #1 focus of Mount Snow and its marketing this year, and the faster they open more terrain there/the faster the parks get bigger, the more of the day-ticket buying early season park/pipe market who traditionally shows up early and in marginal conditions the'll attract and 2) The Mountain Dew/AST Tour stop at Mount Snow January 8-11. HUGE event, national TV sameday coverage, lots of 3rd party $$ being pumped into marketing this event = BIG exposure for Mount Snow + the Deerfield Valley, so Mount Snow will be doing everything they can to make the mountain look as good as possible for this event, and that means having a HUGE superpipe and a HUGE + LONG park in place the 1st week of January - This is alot of snow that needs to be made, and hence one of the reasons why they've already started making snow for the 1/2 pipe.

As a result of this, as long as mother nature cooperates, Chute will be in the first wave of trails rolled out, but it wouldn't suprise if it's Thanksgiving week before that happens.
    Well - then we'll just have to hit the mighty Killington on the 14th then....

I'm in for Mt. Snow . . . already got the day off work.

Trying to convince the wife to call in sick.

I'll have to see...it's getting busy at work as of late. However, there's a good chance I'll be up there on the 16th.
    SoVT

Thread Information