• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SKIING: Killington, Vermont - Friday, 11/21

bvibert

Staff member
The view in 18 days?

IMG_3246.JPG

I was almost going to post that one, but I liked the same view with you and Pat in it for a bit of color..

Greg

Staff member
I dunno, that was some dweeb who thought he was so cool on his brand new bump skis. Looks like they were doing him a lot of good... :roll:

No kidding. Oye vey!!! :oops:

I clearly remember being winded like crazy that day too. I'm hoping the mountain biking this summer helps in that regard. As far as the (lack of) good skiing goes, that remains to be seen.... :lol:

Glenn

Great pics guys! They laid down some good snow for opening day last year. I'm getting excited!

2knees

wow those pics got me going. although i'm sick of that nasty yellow jacket. time for a new one.

skiing is life

id really like to meet some AZers in person. i dont know if my dad would approve though.
anyway if im there on the 14th which i probably will be. ill keep an eye out for AZers.

Greg

Staff member
Okay. Time to put in a V Day. This is contingent on a few things:
  • They're open
  • Chute is open
  • Chute is ungroomed
  • It's not raining
I could push to Friday, 11/21 if need be. Who else is down?

I officially put in for the day off on Friday, 11/14. Bring it on! :snow: :spread:

I'm going to venture a guess and assume at least the top three criteria will be met so it's time for a 2 week out roll call:

Greg

drjeff

I'm going to venture a guess and assume at least the top three criteria will be met so it's time for a 2 week out roll call:

Greg

Items 2 and 3 *might* be an issue. Just a hunch, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if Mount Snow's trail roll out this year is a little different than in years past. I'd bet that ALOT of early season snowmaking resources (read as water) is focused on Carinthia for a few reasons. 1) Carinthia and it's parks/pipes are hands down going to be the #1 focus of Mount Snow and its marketing this year, and the faster they open more terrain there/the faster the parks get bigger, the more of the day-ticket buying early season park/pipe market who traditionally shows up early and in marginal conditions the'll attract and 2) The Mountain Dew/AST Tour stop at Mount Snow January 8-11. HUGE event, national TV sameday coverage, lots of 3rd party $$ being pumped into marketing this event = BIG exposure for Mount Snow + the Deerfield Valley, so Mount Snow will be doing everything they can to make the mountain look as good as possible for this event, and that means having a HUGE superpipe and a HUGE + LONG park in place the 1st week of January - This is alot of snow that needs to be made, and hence one of the reasons why they've already started making snow for the 1/2 pipe.

As a result of this, as long as mother nature cooperates, Chute will be in the first wave of trails rolled out, but it wouldn't suprise if it's Thanksgiving week before that happens.

Greg

Staff member
Items 2 and 3 *might* be an issue. Just a hunch, but I wouldn't be suprised at all if Mount Snow's trail roll out this year is a little different than in years past. I'd bet that ALOT of early season snowmaking resources (read as water) is focused on Carinthia for a few reasons. 1) Carinthia and it's parks/pipes are hands down going to be the #1 focus of Mount Snow and its marketing this year, and the faster they open more terrain there/the faster the parks get bigger, the more of the day-ticket buying early season park/pipe market who traditionally shows up early and in marginal conditions the'll attract and 2) The Mountain Dew/AST Tour stop at Mount Snow January 8-11. HUGE event, national TV sameday coverage, lots of 3rd party $$ being pumped into marketing this event = BIG exposure for Mount Snow + the Deerfield Valley, so Mount Snow will be doing everything they can to make the mountain look as good as possible for this event, and that means having a HUGE superpipe and a HUGE + LONG park in place the 1st week of January - This is alot of snow that needs to be made, and hence one of the reasons why they've already started making snow for the 1/2 pipe.

As a result of this, as long as mother nature cooperates, Chute will be in the first wave of trails rolled out, but it wouldn't suprise if it's Thanksgiving week before that happens.

Well - then we'll just have to hit the mighty Killington on the 14th then.... ;)

Glenn

I'll have to see...it's getting busy at work as of late. However, there's a good chance I'll be up there on the 16th.