• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TJ Maxx Sale

gmcunni

no hot chicks but got a hot deal! picked up a new pair of Columbia pants. listed at $100, got them for $29.99.

was surprised at the nice selection. i was in a rush but had i not been i probably would have spent more time looking at the other ski stuff. i saw a nice pair of spring gloves and plenty of base layer stuff.

Mildcat

....and could've very well been my gramma, she lives in Westboro :lol:

I saw her there. :wink: I asked her if she wanted to go across the street to Uno's for some drinks but she said she would never drink with a gaper like me. :oops:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I saw her there. :wink: I asked her if she wanted to go across the street to Uno's for some drinks but she said she would never drink with a gaper like me. :oops:

well, my grand mother is pretty hardcore and only drinks at the towny bars anyway. You can find her probably five nights a week at JP's :lol:

tekweezle

sales are hazardous to my wallet. happened by a TJ Maxx in Whitestone, Queens and came out with a Northface Jacket at 50% off the lowest marked price....

and then ended up at the Northface outlet at Woodberry commons and everything in the store was 40% off it;s lowest marked price....so I just had to get the matching pants.....crazy.....

they had a 1 piece suit for 200$, marked down from list price of 550$. I almost pulled the trigger......oh well, doing my bit for the economy.....

The Sneak

I wish hot chixx shopped the TJ Maxx near me (newport RI)...but in fact this store is g-h-e-t-t-o. Really crappy selection, but I still snagged some socks and a pair of Giro Roots.

Will try to hit a few other locations and see if its any better. Hoping to grab more misc crap.

Philpug

a coworker at my shop, who is the softgoods buyer..just bought a Marmot Windstopper Jacket at TJMaxx. It is bad when someone in the industry can buy something there for less that they would pay on an employee discount.

tekweezle

I wish hot chixx shopped the TJ Maxx near me (newport RI)...but in fact this store is g-h-e-t-t-o. Really crappy selection, but I still snagged some socks and a pair of Giro Roots.

Will try to hit a few other locations and see if its any better. Hoping to grab more misc crap.

seems like different locations will have different stuff. some it will be old and ratty or damaged. it;s definitely not standardized. however, some of the selection can look pretty good. I have seen all sorts of nice contemporary Atomic, Marker, Burton, Salomon jackets and pants mixed in with what looks like 5 year old returned merchandise.

I think that Northface jacket I got was an absolute steal.

one of the locations had nice looking snowshoes for 69.99.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I agree. Hit or miss. I have three stores that are nearby....and have visited all three. Random things at each...you have to keep your eyes open for deals.

The Sneak

No Cloudveil or Marmot at any of the 3(!) TJ Maxx locations I visited. However, I grabbed a decent Volkl Team jacket for $165, list was $375. It's got all of the usual good features and trounced the similarly primed bottom-of-the-barrel leftover Spyder stuff. The Spyder jackets did not even have armpit vents and they just looked cheap.

I'm a major scrounge so $165 instead of the $500 I might have otherwise dropped on an Arc Teryx @ REI = win.

Still no hot chixx, but a fairly passable cougar got a bit flirty with me in the parking lot.

bvibert

Staff member
did ya get the red one too?? Im getting a first aid cross put on mine...so when im following the poacher under the ropes it will look legit

steve

Hell ya I got the red, will have to write my name on the inside:lol:

Damn you people getting red jackets too. I'm not skiing with either of you this season. :smash: