• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TJ Maxx Sale

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Went to our TJ's this morning and the selection was abysmal, especially for guys. Very little to pick from. Hope the ones closer to you have more!

o3jeff

Went to our TJ's this morning and the selection was abysmal, especially for guys. Very little to pick from. Hope the ones closer to you have more!

I stopped at the one by my house last night and they had about a dozen jackets and some gloves, hats, goggles and helmets out but nothing like last year. Also noticed they had no signs or nothing advertising it.

Will check the one by work today

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The signs went up today; the event was supposed to start this morning. They had gloves, a few goggles, some base layers, and all, but very little else. There was 1 circular rack of women's jackets, 1 circular rack of women's layers, 1 rack of women's ski pants, 1 circular rack of men's jackets (most of which were boarder or no-name stuff), and I don't even recall a rack of men's snow pants. The kids had more racks of stuff!

I heard elsewhere in the country had Cloudveil but little of that was to be found at my TJ's. Probably for the best.

bvibert

Staff member
nope, u have me confused with 2knees..
http://forums.alpinezone.com/64296-need-advice-quick.html

my problem is more like this:
970801_2771_1053_oslp.jpg

I need to pull my stuff out and try it on. I'm afraid that I'll have the same problem... :(

SkiDork

Tyrolean found a girls Spyder Lola jacket (size 14) at the one in Oceanside. Looks to be about 1/2 price give or take.

SkiDork

Tyrolean's goin wild over there - Fera ski pants for Iceman and a Spyder Deluge jacket for me, in addition to the Spyder jacket for Snowprincess...

WJenness

Woburn, MA and Cambridge, MA have decent selection of jackets, pants and baselayers.

All of the other stuff (goggles, gloves, mittens, other accessories) seem to be significantly down from last year.

I picked up a pair of mittens and a baselayer top at Cambridge this morning.

-w

o3jeff

Southington store pretty much had the same stuff I saw last night which was not much. The Glastonbury store had quite a selection of coats and pants.

wa-loaf

Westborough was pretty weak for mens stuff. Womens and kids was ok. Got some gloves and socks for the kids and a jacket for my daughter.

Swamp Dog

I bought a Cloudveil for DH and myself but when I got home I was less than thrilled with the fit of both. Didn't see anything in pants that interested me and we have plenty of hats and gloves. The anticipation of this sale was better than the actual sale.

Mildcat

I stopped by the Sudbury and Westboro stores on the way home from work. The selection wasn't as good as previous years. I bought some base layers and a hat but that was it. On the bright side they saved me money.

Glenn

Southington store pretty much had the same stuff I saw last night which was not much. The Glastonbury store had quite a selection of coats and pants.

I had no idea there was one in Southington; I thought the only one around here was Hamden.

Glenn

On Queen Street by Outback and Bobs Furniture.

Duh! I've driven by that like a million times. I bought a ShamWow for my wife at Bed Bath and Beyond in that same plaza IIRC. :razz:

Glenn

Were you afraid someone would see you buying a Shamwow in your own town?:-D

Absolutely not! I can make it over to Southington pretty quickly from work. I ran over on my lunch hour.

wa-loaf

Woburn, MA and Cambridge, MA have decent selection of jackets, pants and baselayers.

All of the other stuff (goggles, gloves, mittens, other accessories) seem to be significantly down from last year.

I picked up a pair of mittens and a baselayer top at Cambridge this morning.

-w

Where's the one in Cambridge? Anyone check out the Leominster store?

bigski6969

Hey now I'm still looking for a shamwow! My husband asked me to pickup one for drying the dogs!