• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TJ Maxx Sale

gmcunni

Brookfield CT Store - 10.6.10

Brookfield was on the list of stores where the "Winter Outerwear" sale was being held so i swung by to check it out a day early.

They had stuff - jackets, pants, base layers, goggles, helmets & gloves. BUT, as someone said before, not nearly the quantity/selection i'd seen in previous years. I think there was more girls/womens stuff than mens/boys. very disappointing. did NOT see $40 marker pants.

Did see these pants, thought about picking them up for Jake
Unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

wa-loaf

I'll hit Shrewsbury in the morning. The rack of womens stuff they had out Tuesday was pretty impressive. Hopefully the mens stuff will be as good.

bvibert

Staff member
My wife said the selection wasn't very good in Torrington. I guess those pictures must be about everything??

deadheadskier

Staff member
Portsmouth, NH store was pretty much as others descibed. Lots of Columbia stuff, goggles etc. Only 'high end' thing I saw was a few goose dowm Marmot jackets.

I picked up a pair of Smith Knowledge goggles for $50. I think they might be the same goggles as I already own, if not very similar. They definitely have the same lense. Figure I'll order another color lense, perhaps gold, for flat light conditions.

Also picked up a set of Grandoe Gloves for $17. They seem like they'll be pretty warm. I didn't really need them, but figured what the heck, $17 for a back up set of gloves is a good deal.

bvibert

Staff member
Can I get pics of the selection of mens medium coats?

She already left, or was asked to leave due to my unruly kids... I'm not entirely sure which... Didn't sound like there was a huge selection. I may be sporting a new jacket this season though. 8)

hammer

Wow. you are taking shopping to a new level!

I once got thrown out of a supermarket for writing down prices on a pad of paper.
They most likely thought you worked for the competitor down the street.

I have a number of family members who worked in a local supermarket and the managers would occasionally go to a competitor's store to scope out prices.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Can I get pics of the selection of mens medium coats?
There were actually more mediums than anything else. Burton, Ride, lots of Columbia (incl Titanium, which I guess is their better brand), Orage, Killtek, and Bonfire.

Wow. you are taking shopping to a new level!

I once got thrown out of a supermarket for writing down prices on a pad of paper.
I practically got thrown out of a grocery store for taking a picture of a pyramid of pomegranates. I thought for sure I'd get thrown out after that, though, since I was taking notes while I was in there for a homework assignment for creative writing.

I did find a whole other section after that was mostly women's stuff. A lot of Columbia, their cheap Snowzu brand, a couple Marmot, some Orage, a 686... More selection in the smaller sizes but I didn't look through them. There were TNF fleeces for women but not men.
37178_487340651256_624361256_7275220_2770787_n.jpg

I did pick up a cheap 3-in-1 jacket. Hope I don't regret the lack of pit zips but for $50, I can't really complain. Color will be hard to miss--it's actually in that photo above. :D

Last edited:

hammer

Woburn FTL

Woburn, MA has some stuff out...

A bunch of soft goods (Jackets, pants, base layers, some gloves), a couple helmets, and some goggles... much smaller than in years past.

Picked up a pair of marker pants for $39.99 that seem decent...

Didn't have much time to poke around too much (was out at lunch with a friend), but my impression was the goggle selection sucked and was pricier than in years past.

-w
Had a quick look in the Woburn store...didn't see much. Was hoping to find some TNF fleeces but I didn't see any.

Mildcat

Went to the Greendale Mall first and the selection was lacking. I hit Westboro after and picked up a nice Oakley Jacket for $129. I was tempted to buy a North Face (Gore Wind Stop) Softshell for $120+/-. Lots of Columbia, Orage, Marmot Down Jackets for $99, and some no name brands. Not nearly as much Spyder as previous years. Under Armour base layers for $25.

Mildcat

I did see one rack full of pants but I didn't really check out what they had. They also had Columbia pants hanging on the wall with all of the other Columbia stuff.

gmcunni

I'm done with Newtown CT store. A few more items but hardly anything compared to what I see posted about at other stores.