• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TJ Maxx Sale

thetrailboss

Staff member
Went to the Rutvegas store. Pretty much consistent with what other folks are saying: a few helmets, some goggles, lots of Columbia clothing and no-name brands, and maybe five or so Marmot coats and TNF fleece. The only Patagonia items were defective socks. Not much long underwear.

So not much, but this is the Rutland store so I'd think that they would not have much. Burlington? We'll see....

adamh

North Kingstown

NK, RI has a good amount of stuff, pretty consistent with what everyone is saying. A fair amount of base layering, some Bolle/Smith/Zeal/Ed Hardy goggles. One full rack of pants from S to XXL. Lots of columbia jackets mixed with some other cheaper stuff. Overall worth a look if your in the area.

wa-loaf

Went to the Greendale Mall first and the selection was lacking. I hit Westboro after and picked up a nice Oakley Jacket for $129. I was tempted to buy a North Face (Gore Wind Stop) Softshell for $120+/-. Lots of Columbia, Orage, Marmot Down Jackets for $99, and some no name brands. Not nearly as much Spyder as previous years. Under Armour base layers for $25.

Got back to Westboro, very disappointing. Basically a bunch of columbia and some crappy no name stuff. Very poor ski pant selection. Greendale is much better in that dept with some nice Spyder pants and the cheapo Markers.

Grabbed some gloves and mittens for the kids. Women's selection looked much better.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I hit Hudson and Bedford Mass. last night. I didn't need anything but always find it interesting. Mostly all Columbia jackets including a few Titanium., a couple of fleece Spyder thrown in here and there. Lots of funky knit hats, not much base layer selection. Lots of Gloves.

My daughter went on Monday and apparently hit the motherlode of Women's gear. She came home with two jackets and pants.

I was the only one looking at the ski clothing.

gmcunni

My daughter went on Monday and apparently hit the motherlode of Women's gear. She came home with two jackets and pants.

seemed like every time i went (multiple stores) they had tons of women's stuff. great deals too.. guess it isn't the right year for mens ski clothing.

catskillman

Marshall's in Lincoln, RI had the Atomic red shorties in all sizes last Monday....they also had a lot of Spyder shorties....all were $149 I think.....

If I didn't already have a red Karbon shortie I would have bought one of the Atomic jkts....it was a flat out gorgeous item.

Of course would probably look pretty goofy with my Exploder buddhas or my Head i supershapes on my feet:smash: but who cares....

If I'd see a Volkl team shortie like sneak scored....well....I'd have grabbed that one!

Marshalls & TJMaxx are the same company by the way

Vortex

Found an Obermeyer coat and ski pant deal in nashua last night for my daughter.. Tried both the Tyngsboro and Nashua stores. Nashua had quite a bit left. Looked like more womens gear than mens

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
That seems to be the theme this year. It's ok because it prob kept me from spending money.
I still can't help but chuckle at all the guys out shopping. TJX companies know that most guys don't like to shop. It's always that way - go in any store, you'll see tons more floor space dedicated to women's clothing.

Me? Why be a slave to fashion, I tell my wife. :cool: It's just a vast conspiracy by the fashion industry to shake money out of our pockets (I still don't get the high-water "flood" pants that women wear these days. Give them a fancy name and they're back in style. Uh, honey, didn't you buy the wrong size pants? :-?)

I'll just wait 10 years and it will be back in style again. My daughter was snickering at me last weekend as she noted that my shoes are back in style! :spin:

wa-loaf

I still can't help but chuckle at all the guys out shopping. TJX companies know that most guys don't like to shop. It's always that way - go in any store, you'll see tons more floor space dedicated to women's clothing.

Jackets, Ski Pants, and Goggles all fall under 'gear". I don't see how checking TJX for discounts on ski stuff is any different than following SAC or Tramdock.