• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

05/22/2005 - Hiking - Wech Dickey Loop

SilentCal

A hike is planned for the Mt Welch and Dickey Loop on Sunday May 22nd. Complete loop milage is 4.4 miles with 1800 feet of elevation gain. A hike with the Flags on the 48 group. Meet at the Orris Rd parking area around 10:00 a.m.

Any questions please pm me-

Vortex

I am a wait an see on this know. If I can get the rocky part done before rain I'm in. If not I'm out. I don't want my son on the rocks. Over protective parent. I can live with that. I will be up north...descion will be made Sunday am.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Rain? Nah. It won't rain. We say so. :)

BTW - if anyone's coming and has been to Welch-Dickey before, but hasn't been there in about a year, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the new parking area. And yes, there's a privy. 8)

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
We bailed, too. It poured all night and was still raining in the morning. Though it backed off to a light drizzle by 8, there was no way we wanted to be up on those big, sloped slabs in wet weather.

Plus, it meant being home in time to watch Clemente's beautifully-pitched complete game win. Sweet!

Vortex

SilentCal, Myself and my son, did go. Off and on showers at the top of MT. Dickey seemed like a bit of sleet mixed in for a time. Rocks were very slippery, but we managed. Silent Cal promised a full trail report tomorrow. We did it in 3 hour 10 min. Just a couple brief stops. Nice to meet Silent Cal. Good converstation, and he was great to my son.

Charlie Schuessler

Unfortunately we bailed as well…my wife cunningly convinced me that the rain occurring at 6:30 am at our place was the same as up north.... and that trail riding with her horse would be better than climbing around the slick stuff...although I followed her lead...I'm not sure her conclusion is correct....but earning atta-boy points yesterday was better than getting soaked and earning the other kind of points…I'll hook up with you guys next time...

SilentCal

I really loved this hike! I had second thoughts about hiking but I did not have to be back to work until Tuesday so I figured why not! I'm sure that in fall foliage season, the views are breathtaking! I got to try out my new rain jacket and it passed with flying colors! Bob R and his son were a delight to hike with and we spent much of the time chatting about various topics. Trip report to follow later today..