Northeast Ski Trivia Thread - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thaller1 of this board I thought said she had a sept 30 ticket. I'll send her a pm.

Skiing is my addiction.

I know that there were people who hiked up on September 30th of the year in question. There may be September 30th tickets for mountain biking, as there was both skiing and mountain biking going on when I skied there on October 1st 1993.

I have a news article of Killington"s (first) earliest opening day on my wall at home, a date that I missed

I would be interested to see the ticket though.

Quote Originally Posted by tree_skier
    The k-mart website said this was the 44th annual so the math say 62.

What were the original trail names at Maple Valley?
    Where did you learn your math. I AM NOT 45! 2005-44=1961
    Born to ski, forced to work.
    I\'ve used all of my sick days so I\'m calling in dead.

I have saved the entire Rutland Herald from October 2nd, 1992 that has a picture of the Upper Cascade Trail on it with the caption:

October Opening
    Skiers ride up a chairlift on opening day Thursday at the Killington Ski Area. The resort said it was the earliest opening yet (thanks to man-made snow) for an Eastern ski area.

I would scan the picture (it is really cool) but I do not have a flip top scanner

I also have an article about a DJ from Rutland who skied (hiked up) on September 30th, 1992 on the Cascade trail. He also hiked up to a snowfield on Superstar on July 3rd, 1993, so he skied every month in Vermont except for August!!!! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by loafer89
    I have saved the entire Rutland Herald from October 2nd, 1992 that has a picture of the Upper Cascade Trail on it with the caption:

October Opening
    Skiers ride up a chairlift on opening day Thursday at the Killington Ski Area. Thr resort said it was the earliest opening yet (thanks to man-made snow) for an Eastern ski area.
    Damn! I almost said 10/2/92, but after viewing your pics from later that month, I thought 1992 couldn't have been the year so I bumped it up to '94. Do I get partial credit for the month and day?
    I ski double black diamonds.

Well there earliest opening day was October 1st, 1992 as the newspaper article was from the next morning, but thats close enough

I tied the earliest opening date again on October 1st, 1993, as I could not make it up until October 2nd 1992.

My stockholders report for 1993 has really neat pictures of the skiing and a snowmaking test on September 24th, 1992.

The reason for the discrepancy about the date of the first May 1st slalom is due to the fact that the 1961-1962 season ENDED on April 30th. This is something that I did NOT know until I read the book just now.

Still a good trivia question

The reason for the discrepancy about the date of the first May 1st slalom is due to the fact that the 1961-1962 season ENDED on April 30th. This is something that I did NOT know until I read the book just now.

Still a good trivia question

I don't have as much time to cruise the board these days,..... but the trivia and picture threads have been a blast. Props.
    Skiing is my addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob R
    I don't have as much time to cruise the board these days,.....
    Yor wife is finally cracking down on you??? The picture and trivia forums have been a blast.

Thread Information