• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Films

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
I know this is an outdoor forum but it's been raining and cold for the past 2 weeks so I have been thinking about what movies I want to see this summer.

I am so looking forward to the "War of the Worlds" remake.

The best movie I have seen in a long time is "The Seduction of Dr. Lewis". Be forewarned that if you see this movie you will laugh so hard your belly will ache for days.

Does anyone still do drive-ins? We have 2 nearby which we like to go to.

Paul

I don't think there are any Drive-Ins left in CT. :cry:

I'm looking forward to seeing "Sith" and I'd like to take the kid to see "Madagascar."

That's really about it right now.

Joshua B

Kung Fu Hustle DVD (region 1) was just announced for early August so I'll definitely be picking that up.

ChileMass

Drive-ins rule. I think they are almost all gone, though, and that's sad. We take our kids to the Mendon Drive-in here in central Mass as often as possible in the summer. The family double features on Sat nite are great. Put on a bunch of bug spray, get a picnic going and let the kids drift off to sleep.

There used to be a great drive-in in Lake George Village, but now it's a water park...... :(

skidbump

got 2 drive-ins within 5 miles of my house...wanna see team america again"out on dvd yesterday" one of the funniest movies i ever saw "puppet movie from guys who do south park"

snowsprite

Paul, there was one near Storrs, CT when I was a grad student there about 10 years ago. It was really fun to toss blankets and pillows in the car and stretch out to watch a movie on the big screen in comfort.

We had an SUV back then...and Isuzu Trooper II...and would pop open the back hatch and put all the seats down. It was great! Wonder if that drive-in is still there. It was the Mansfield Drive in I think.

Sprite

Paul said:
I don't think there are any Drive-Ins left in CT. :cry:

I'm looking forward to seeing "Sith" and I'd like to take the kid to see "Madagascar."

That's really about it right now.

Jaytrek57

Batman Begins.

I for one, think all the films thus far have been way to campy. I hope this one mirrors the more darker, comic book Batman...but my hopes are not that high.

Joshua B

skidbump said:
got 2 drive-ins within 5 miles of my house...wanna see team america again"out on dvd yesterday" one of the funniest movies i ever saw "puppet movie from guys who do south park"

What's "with all the quotes"? :lol:

madman

The drive in near Storrs is the Mansfield Drivein .They have 3 screens and a great flea market on Sundays .Its a nice place ,clean, new movies

Paul

madman said:
The drive in near Storrs is the Mansfield Drivein .They have 3 screens and a great flea market on Sundays .Its a nice place ,clean, new movies

That has to be about the last one. I had one in town when I grew up in Portland. Hurricane Gloria took care of that. I also used to go to the one in Westbrook (or was it Clinton?) and the Hartford Drive-In on the 'pike. All gone now...<sniff>

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
ChileMass said:
Drive-ins rule.
There used to be a great drive-in in Lake George Village, but now it's a water park...... :(

I grew up in Bolton Landing so I remember that drive-in very well. There was also one about 10 miles down Rt 9 almost into Glens Falls.

The one in Westbrook is still going, it's about 20 miles from me.

dmc

We have an old drivein between Hunter and Windham on Rt296... I think it opens in the Summer...

I would like to open it in the Winter and show ski movies... Could be fun...

foamythesquirrel

There are 2 drive-ins left in CT... I haven't been to one of them, but apparently, they're there. One in Mansfield (mansfielddrivein.com/) and one in Pleasant Valley (pleasantvalleydrivein.com/).