• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nepaug 10/19

MR. evil

# 3 in the deli slicer

Nice! and #3 was atleast 30". I don't think any of them were lower than 30"

Next time you have to hit the 1st and 2nd ones also, the 4th is optional :-D. The 2nd is almost the same as the 3rd, and the first one just messes with your head becuase of the steep DH approach. But of those three hits I though the first was the easiest even though its the largest of the 4. The last one is a different story. No higher than the others, but the approach and landing really suck.

o3jeff

Thinking of maybe hitting Silver city bmx track in Meriden over the weekend(as long as it is not too crowded) to get a good feel for jumps

Greg

Staff member
no pix?!?

No kidding! :roll:

We somehow lost our point and shoot camera. I was going to bring the video camera, but decided not to. I wasn't really into stopping and shooting vid seeing as it was so cold in the early morning. I wish I had it a few times when we met up with the Crankfire guys though and it sounds like a lot of what they were doing after I left with very vid-worthy. Next time.

bvibert

Staff member
We somehow lost our point and shoot camera. I was going to bring the video camera, but decided not to. I wasn't really into stopping and shooting vid seeing as it was so cold in the early morning. I wish I had it a few times when we met up with the Crankfire guys though and it sounds like a lot of what they were doing after I left with very vid-worthy. Next time.

Sucks about you point and shoot, mine is MIA at the moment too... Hmm.. maybe there's a connection...

2knees

2knees, will we see you on a new bike this weekend so we can plan our ride accordingly?

i wish. but unfortunately the diamondback is still in one piece.

totally unrelated but you just reminded me i need to clean the thing. there was so much mud caked on it from riding through that mud bog and then later falling off that little bridge INTO the mud.

MR. evil

Thinking of maybe hitting Silver city bmx track in Meriden over the weekend(as long as it is not too crowded) to get a good feel for jumps

There is a small dirt jump spot near some of the trails close to home. I remeber that most of them are table top jumps. I think I may head over and play on them Saturday morning. If I can get to a point where I can clear the table and land on the transition I will then get a good idea of what size gap I will be able to clear. If I can man up and clear a 4 foot gap I will be happy:roll: