• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's talk Kryptons

Trekchick

DHS, to answer your question seriously, yes, I thought I was having a hot flash when I was getting my kryptons molded, but Phil told me that wasn't a hot flash, it was the Power surge that comes with every Krypton!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
DHS, to answer your question seriously, yes, I thought I was having a hot flash when I was getting my kryptons molded, but Phil told me that wasn't a hot flash, it was the Power surge that comes with every Krypton!
:lol:

I wanted to try on the Storms while we spent hours at the shop Saturday.. but the kids didn't cooperate. I don't need new boots anyway; I already have brand new ones.

Philpug

I wanted to try on the Storms while we spent hours at the shop Saturday.. but the kids didn't cooperate. I don't need new boots anyway; I already have brand new ones.

You might have boots, but you don't have Kryptons. :-D

Trekchick

Sev, I'm not going to push you, but I will say, with your foot shape, I think you will love the kryptons. You'd do well to get into a storm.
The lotus may be okay too, but I've never had it on my feet.

deadheadskier

Staff member

well, I wish someone told me that before I bought fancy Icebreaker under armor. I guess I won't be needing them ;)

27.5 08 Il Moro with ID liner for sale...BRAND NEW

Hey Dalbello fans, I've got a brand new pair of 2008 Il Moro, 27.5 with the ID liner for sale. Brand new, still in the box, never molded, all the spare parts and pieces. $300...$15 to ship them anywhere. Send me a PM if you're interested.

skidmarks

Kids, I didn't notice you had any kids with you.

Trekchick

I read your boot size on SkiDiva, or I would have offered you a chance to buy my old storms.
You have soooooooooo much potential to be a dalbello diva.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sev, I'm not going to push you, but I will say, with your foot shape, I think you will love the kryptons. You'd do well to get into a storm.
The lotus may be okay too, but I've never had it on my feet.
I don't think I'm allowed to talk to you anymore. :oops:

Tried the Storm and Lotus tonight, then compared to my Nordica Olympia Beasts. The Lotus wasn't any improvement over the Beasts... nice cushy liner but roomier...not really what I "want" at this time. It was explained that it was more of a recreational boot.

The Storms, however. OMG. You evil temptress!!!!!! :eek: The Beasts pale in comparison. The Storms are a little bit stiffer (which isn't a bad thing for a gal my size). The liner is AWESOME. I have huge calves and regular liners with the typical tongue fit funny on my shins (even the Beasts, though it's tolerable). The liner on the Storms...perfect.

I worried a little about trying them on since so many of you on Ski Diva said they were great for high instep (something I do NOT have). Not an issue. Even without heat molding, the liner felt nicely snug all around, no hot spots, With my custom footbeds, these are boots that would work for me out of the box (after doing the liner, of course). My Beasts, however, will be requiring some work as I'm still having issues with the pivot spot rubbing funny on the outsides of my ankles. :( Something I was told would be less of an issue once the liner packed out a bit... Wish I had waited.

On the other hand, I likely never would have been put in this boot. My feet don't look like "the type" that would go well with this. But they do.

Glad I tried them out.... now I get to agonize over the fact that I have basically brand new Beasts (skied 3 runs in them) that I wish would turn into Dalbello Storms........

Of course, all of this could just be wistfulness. Who knows how they would work for me on snow. Right?

Philpug

I don't think I'm allowed to talk to you anymore. :oops:

Tried the Storm and Lotus tonight, then compared to my Nordica Olympia Beasts. The Lotus wasn't any improvement over the Beasts... nice cushy liner but roomier...not really what I "want" at this time. It was explained that it was more of a recreational boot.

The Storms, however. OMG. You evil temptress!!!!!! :eek: The Beasts pale in comparison. The Storms are a little bit stiffer (which isn't a bad thing for a gal my size). The liner is AWESOME. I have huge calves and regular liners with the typical tongue fit funny on my shins (even the Beasts, though it's tolerable). The liner on the Storms...perfect.

I worried a little about trying them on since so many of you on Ski Diva said they were great for high instep (something I do NOT have). Not an issue. Even without heat molding, the liner felt nicely snug all around, no hot spots, With my custom footbeds, these are boots that would work for me out of the box (after doing the liner, of course). My Beasts, however, will be requiring some work as I'm still having issues with the pivot spot rubbing funny on the outsides of my ankles. :( Something I was told would be less of an issue once the liner packed out a bit... Wish I had waited.

On the other hand, I likely never would have been put in this boot. My feet don't look like "the type" that would go well with this. But they do.

Glad I tried them out.... now I get to agonize over the fact that I have basically brand new Beasts (skied 3 runs in them) that I wish would turn into Dalbello Storms........

Of course, all of this could just be wistfulness. Who knows how they would work for me on snow. Right?
You like them now...wait till you mold them, they are a perfect fit.

bvibert

Staff member
Just got home with these beauties! :D

PA280020.JPG

Can't wait to try them out. :spread:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
You like them now...wait till you mold them, they are a perfect fit.
I like how you talk about them like they're already mine. ;)

LOL. Seriously, if there was a way to unload the Beasts and not lose much money, I'd be all over this. But I fear that is not the case.

Philpug

I like how you talk about them like they're already mine. ;)

LOL. Seriously, if there was a way to unload the Beasts and not lose much money, I'd be all over this. But I fear that is not the case.
Are the Beasts still new? If so..return them. ;)