• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's talk Kryptons

o3jeff

picture.php

Philpug

Seriously...If you enjoy skiing as much as I know you do.. Why are you going to let a few dollars stand between something that you know you will enjoy and will help you improve your skiing. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Think about it as an early Christmas present to yourself.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Are the Beasts still new? If so..return them. ;)
Can't. They were final sale back in March. No returns. And even if they had been eligible for return, their policy is returns/exchanges within 15 days. The only thing I would have had on my side is that they have a fit guarantee for 1 year... but that means I would have to give them a chance to screw around with those boots for a year before they decide they don't work for me. :( Not going to work.

Paid $330 for the Beasts.... wonder how much of a loss I would take...?

Seriously...If you enjoy skiing as much as I know you do.. Why are you going to let a few dollars stand between something that you know you will enjoy and will help you improve your skiing. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Think about it as an early Christmas present to yourself.
You and Trekchick are the ultimate enablers. :lol:

There were a lot of early Christmas presents this year... on a tight budget, too. Not saying it's out of the question... just would have to sell some things first.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just got home with these beauties! :D

PA280020.JPG

Can't wait to try them out. :spread:

nice, congrats

I actually prefer the graphics on yours to the Pro's. Their just boots and graphics aren't everything, but unless you're someone like Greg who gets radical matching poles, the Pros are a bit over the top with the lime green.

o3jeff

It seems boots really have no resale. I put my Technica Diablos Pros with about 15 days on them at the the Southington ski swap for $125(paid 399 beginning of last season) and they did not sell. Plan on putting them at sundowns for less.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Brian, did you get the stiffer tongues or you gonna run with the stock ones to see how they ski?
He's busy adjusting bindings so I'll field this. He's going to try the stock tongue and see how it goes.

And you're right; resale value on ski equipment in general just isn't there. I have some Roxy Joyrider skis I'm trying to sell, too, that also have only 3 runs on them. No interest. I tried craigslist, and they're on eBay right now as a last resort before the ski swap. They're nice skis, but ... You know, just not what I really want right now. What a shame that something that's been used so little loses so much value. (An argument for demoing skis before buying, for sure... but what do you do about boots that you were told are right for you and you thought you could make them work...until you found something that works even better? Ugh.)

bvibert

Staff member
nice, congrats

I actually prefer the graphics on yours to the Pro's. Their just boots and graphics aren't everything, but unless you're someone like Greg who gets radical matching poles, the Pros are a bit over the top with the lime green.

I actually like the lime green. That's what I would have gotten, but they didn't think my big feet would fit in the lower volume liners... I do like the look of the cross's too though, especially last years (mine).

Philpug

Can't. They were final sale back in March. No returns. And even if they had been eligible for return, their policy is returns/exchanges within 15 days. The only thing I would have had on my side is that they have a fit guarantee for 1 year... but that means I would have to give them a chance to screw around with those boots for a year before they decide they don't work for me. :( Not going to work.

Paid $330 for the Beasts.... wonder how much of a loss I would take...?

You and Trekchick are the ultimate enablers. :lol:

There were a lot of early Christmas presents this year... on a tight budget, too. Not saying it's out of the question... just would have to sell some things first.

I know..she is awful. :angry:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I actually like the lime green. That's what I would have gotten, but they didn't think my big feet would fit in the lower volume liners... I do like the look of the cross's too though, especially last years (mine).

you would think that with a handle like mine, I'd love the lime green and ski in tye-dye pants....not the case. I'm definitely more plain jane when it comes to clothing, ski equipment preferences. 99% of skis today I can't stand the graphics. I'd much prefer something like what Kastle is doing with skis

kastlemx88.jpg

wa-loaf

you would think that with a handle like mine, I'd love the lime green and ski in tye-dye pants....not the case. I'm definitely more plain jane when it comes to clothing, ski equipment preferences. 99% of skis today I can't stand the graphics. I'd much prefer something like what Kastle is doing with skis

kastlemx88.jpg

How the heck are you supposed to find those if you lose them in the snow?

Philpug

I am a huge fan of these for that reason...

2008888-lg-01.jpg

Trekchick

I can not believe that you talked three pages worth of Severine getting boots while I was sleeping, and YET I get all the heat for being the temptress!

All I have to say to you Carrie is this................
Remember that a girl always gets wet in the Storm!

Philpug

I want a pair of those! I think I have to wait til March though.
I have an extra pair that I will be selling. 177 w/ Elan demo bindings. a couple of top skin scratches but will be freshly tuned. 375.00 shipped to you.

wa-loaf

I have an extra pair that I will be selling. 177 w/ Elan demo bindings. a couple of top skin scratches but will be freshly tuned. 375.00 shipped to you.

You and TC are serious enablers. I've got other things I need to be concentrating on right now, but I'll think about it.

Trekchick

You and TC are serious enablers. I've got other things I need to be concentrating on right now, but I'll think about it.
Ask him how much if you meet with him to pick them up ;)