• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's talk Kryptons

Trekchick

Just to dangle a little carrot out there for Carrie...............
Carrot.gif

IMG_1606.jpg

Philpug

That picture does not do it justice, it is damn sharp together.

skidmarks

Kryptons + 888 = Fun

Elan 888 is one of the best skis I've ever been on. 777s will be better for bumps
picture.php

powbmps

I'm going to try some as well. I'm having a hard time picturing how you would run the strap behind the tongue though.

Wacky stuff indeed.

skidmarks

I'm going to try some as well. I'm having a hard time picturing how you would run the strap behind the tongue though.

Wacky stuff indeed.

Me too so I don't. I did send them an email asking about the Krypton/Full tilt set up and his advice on how to best use Booster Straps.

Philpug

Try a pair!

Was that a Nordica Polaris is your Boot Quiver picture? Have you ever skied them on a newer ski?

Details of the day and the skier:

Conditions: Okemo, 40-something degrees, slush.

My specs: 5’10”195 lb. Skiing 30+ years. Gear junkie by trade.

My own equipment: (as of 2/26/07 6:15 PM EST, Subject to change.)
Boots:
Dalbello Krypton Pro ID

Skis/Bindings:
A quiver of Hart skis

Boot TESTED:1982 Nordica Polaris knee-high rear entry boots

Skiing style/technique: I am heavy on my skis. I tend to muscle a ski. I ski with a compact low stance.

Preference in boots: I have been skiing a Flexon or Krypton for 20 some years since replacing my old Polaris's.

This was a throwback in time for me. I actually skied these boots from 82-85 before I switched to Flexons. I was curious how these boots would react with todays skis, since the last skis I skied with this boot was a 204cm Pre 1200SP. Even with this boot being a RE boot, the fit was still good, lateral response was also fine with todays skis ( I was on my yet to be stolen Twisted Twins) I took these in the bumps, cruiser and made short and long turns. I found that the boot was more comfortable with long turns than trying to make short ones, this suprized me, because I used to feel the boot was very quick to react...20+ years ago ;). Could I ski this boot today? maybe, I would have to try it on hard snow and with a ski that had a shorter TR...but I don't think I am going to bother, I will stay with my Kryptons.

Sorry, no pics or video.

Here is my review

Yes. But to get the full advantage of the Booster it is designed to run behind the tongue. When you flex forward it pulls the upper cuff and pushes the tongue forward

http://www.skimetrix.com/instructions.php

I've tried it both ways and I always feel like I've got more contact with the front of the boot when its on the outside of the shell...no gap between my leg, the tongue, and the upper cuff.
Booster straps are key...I'm in my 4th boot with a booster...almost as key as a footbed for me.

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Their just boots and graphics aren't everything, but unless you're someone like Greg who gets radical matching poles, the Pros are a bit over the top with the lime green.

Ha! Actually had the poles long before I considered the Kryptons, but radicalness just seems to happen to me like that... ;)