• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's talk Kryptons

Philpug

drool.gif

n830505017_4576880_9214.jpg

The three sisters.

Trekchick

The cuff height is higher in the Kryzma than the Storm, but the New storm ID liner is higher than the ID liner on the old storm. That could have something to do with the process when they were molded(I've molded my old storms twice, once in Michigan and once at Benny's).
n830505017_4576918_9509.jpg

I know the benefits of the tool bag and all the little things you can do to change the flex of the boots but the flex on the boots are:
Storm 75-105
Kryzma 85-120

The new storm is one of the most beautiful boots I've ever seen!

Philpug

Those, with my new ski jacket(s), and the Krypton line up..........priceless!
I'm betting you know where I can get those skis for a bargain ;)

Moi? Just would need some Griffons to go on them. Oh, you say you have some?

That is the ski of choice for most of the women at my shop this year.

[Phil casting bait] Want to send me anything to our next swap? I have a pair of 161's in stock.I could drill them too :) [/Phil casting bait]

Greg

Staff member
This thread went from one about some rad boots to a gear whoring fashion show. :puke:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
:lol:

Alright, Krypton converts... so tell me. Are these boots so freakin wonderful that I should stop agonizing about the Beasts boo-boo and find a way to get myself a pair of those Storms? Or can I live with myself trying to make the Beasts work until I feel that I've gotten enough use out of them to justify the hit I'd take in trying to resell them? ;)

Yeah, I think I know where that question is going....

mondeo

Alright, Krypton converts... so tell me. Are these boots so freakin wonderful that I should stop agonizing about the Beasts boo-boo and find a way to get myself a pair of those Storms? Or can I live with myself trying to make the Beasts work until I feel that I've gotten enough use out of them to justify the hit I'd take in trying to resell them? ;)

Honestly, if I hadn't been skiing Outer Limits and the like in beginner boots that were 10 years old, I could have dealt with something less. As a bump skier, it's Kryptons or Full Tilts. If I had good boots to start with or wasn't a bump skier, I might not have picked 'em ep. It's the absence of shin bash that really does it for me - again, bump skiing playing a big factor.

But they are nice. If I remember correctly, you've only had a fitting or two with the Beasts? It'll be free (aside from the trips to Weathersfield, with a couple kids in tow, I realize) to try to nail down the fit, vs. significant $ for boots that probably won't be perfect out of the box anyways. Honestly, I'd try some more to get the Beasts working. And then if that doesn't work, go for the Kryptons. Just make sure your feet are happy before the snow really hits.

o3jeff

I haven't skied my Kryptons yet, but I do like how they feel when I put them on at home.

I think you have only a day or two on the Beasts, I would try to ski them for this year and see how they feel, then either keep them or look for a deal on the Kryptons at the end of the year. It is just a lot of money to spend on another pair of boots. I got one year out of my Technicas after paying $400 and am having a hard time getting around $100 for them, so boots have no resale.

Philpug

Alright, Krypton converts... so tell me. Are these boots so freakin wonderful that I should stop agonizing about the Beasts boo-boo and find a way to get myself a pair of those Storms?
Or can I live with myself trying to make the Beasts work until I feel that I've gotten enough use out of them to justify the hit I'd take in trying to resell them? ;)

Kryptons..The MacBook Pro of Ski boots :)

Trekchick

The cuff height is higher in the Kryzma than the Storm, but the New storm ID liner is higher than the ID liner on the old storm. That could have something to do with the process when they were molded(I've molded my old storms twice, once in Michigan and once at Benny's).
n830505017_4576918_9509.jpg

I know the benefits of the tool bag and all the little things you can do to change the flex of the boots but the flex on the boots are:
Storm 75-105
Kryzma 85-120

The new storm is one of the most beautiful boots I've ever seen!
If this makes you feel better Greg, I did provide some information based on experience with the 2 year old Storm, and the New Storm, and Kryzma :D

Carrie, this will probably not help much, but here goes......
My first instinct is to tell you to get the storm because it is an amazing boot, and you knew it was YOUR boot the minute you had your foot in it.
If you like it now, wait until you have it molded ;)

But I also know that you've invested a lot of time, money and energy into getting the beasts right.

What you have to ask yourself is this........
Will you be able to really really get the beast dialed in for you?
Will you be happy with the beast?
How much more time and money will you have into the beast to get it dialed in?

Rationalization:
It will be easier to get some $$ out of the beast now, than it will be in a year or two. If you ski it this year, then you will get less $$ out of it and STILL want the Storm.

It really comes down to two things:
The right fit
What you can afford
Okay three.........That storm is freakin' beautiful!

Last edited:

Philpug

To paraphrase Warren Miller...

"If you don't get Krypton's this year, you will only be one year older when you do"

o3jeff

After further thought, you might as well get them. Seems you are already second guessing the Beasts and now that you tried on the Storms, you are hooked and you won't be happy unless you get them.

ps - skidmarks isn't around this weekend, will be back Monday. Just to save you a ride.

Rossi Smash

Don't know what all the fuss is about...they are only boots.
A distant 3rd on my equipment list, barely before poles... :uzi:

Rossi Smash

Just saying.....Maybe I'm lucky but I've never had a problem getting a boot that fits and is comfortable all day. My only problem has been older boots exploding and forcing me to go buy new ones. After that I don't give them another thought....